SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  What kind of finish is on my board?
Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

What kind of finish is on my board?

olivelawn
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:35 pm Reply with quote
@Ohio. Thanks for getting back to me. For better or worse, I restored this badboy by masking and handbrushing. It took me forever so to sand it down at this point would be a lot of time down the drain. I am happy with the condition of the graphic. The only part I am bummed on is the cell block marks and the tail not having a shiny finish. I just wanted to make sure that I am getting this right. To make this work, I need to sand down the tail and the area around the cell blocks. Then if the wood is uneven, I want to iron it out, then resand. Then I stain with red stain. Do I put the nitocellous lacquer on next? Or do I just apply regular stain as my last coat? I don't mean to ask so many questions, but if you knew the time I have spent on it thus far you would understand me wanting to make sure I am doing this correctly, as I have never done it before.
kxmotox247
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:55 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like if you don't Ohio's way, you're an idiot.
Sorry Ohio, but some of this shit doesn't come natural to everyone.
From the photo, I think the hand painting looks fine. And moving forward from this experience, perhaps on the next project you could sand everything down and try making a full screen.
packoflies
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:57 am Reply with quote
I realize this is a way old topic but, kxmoto, Is that by any chance a a-team bright-lite or something? I had a team model with the same finish. I'm pretty sure it's a tinted yellow/green clear base coat. I thought it was pretty strange when my freind gave it to me.
kxmotox247
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:04 am Reply with quote
No...it's not. I wish it was! Hahaha I still haven't done anything with it yet.

Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4