SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Regrets
Page 1 of 1    

Regrets

72ss454
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Has any of you ever looked at your collection and regretted the money you spent on it. I keep looking at mine and one day I could not be happier about it, other days I feel the financial burden it has become. I tried to "cut the fat", but then I always end up adding more. I keep telling myself that I need to sell the decks that mean nothing to me, but then I think about how I will never "get what I paid". Just one of those days, I guess.
TAOS
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
72ss454 wrote:
but then I think about how I will never "get what I paid". Just one of those days, I guess.

can't think that way brother, take the loss, get the cash, get focused and don't buy every board that gives you wood!

I'm thinning what I'm not into and almost at the point where I'm "done"

Example, I bought the Natas cause of the hype. I'm not really into the Natas graphics and Wes' art does nothing for me. now I'm trying to sell it, for what I paid to get something I want/had as a kid.
cammy t
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Only regret selling certain decks when times were hard (should have rode them out), try not to think about the money I've put into them.

The pleasure far out ways that anyway imo.
72ss454
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
There are a few I regret selling and a few I regret buying. Hype can cause a lot of regret. I too have the same white Natas. Not a regret, but a waste of money for me. Cheaper than nos and signed, but I could have spent the cash on something better. Most of my regret is due to CC debt. I have two SC decks that I over paid for and could live without, same with a reissue or two(Natas, O'Brien, Jessee).
SkateIndustryWatchdog
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote
You can't take money with you but you can have a coffin built out of NOS decks.

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
TAOS wrote:
can't think that way brother, take the loss, get the cash, get focused and don't buy every board that gives you wood!

I'm thinning what I'm not into and almost at the point where I'm "done"

My collecting habit go in cycles. Buy any and everything I can, sell everything, but a few, buy only nos, sell ones that mean the least, buy something better, buy a bunch of XXX decks and prints, think about selling a few XXX decks and prints, sell all reissues and C&Ds, buy another reissue and a C&D, write a post about regrets, make a deal to buy a few used decks.

My collection has had many looks, the only constant was Jinx decks and I have even sold a few of those. Two Jinx decks I sold are the biggest regret I have.

I'm just having a day full of questions and regrets. Between hating my job and its' commute, being about $5000 in the hole, and wondering if I am happy in my relationship, I am being a little bitch.
brewharriah
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Oct 2008 Posts: 14880 Location: fuckmylife, warshington
cammy t wrote:
Only regret selling certain decks when times were hard (should have rode them out), try not to think about the money I've put into them.

The pleasure far out ways that anyway imo.

X2

Page 1 of 1