SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Looking to buy a curved screen!
Page 1 of 1    

Looking to buy a curved screen!

Stereo_Heartbeat
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I'm looking to buy a curved screen off of someone from here.. I really don't think I have the time to fuck it up in the process of making one myself. I am printing on 7.75 AAA decks... curious if anyone has a screen that can match that?

...Thanks
Stereo_Heartbeat
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks!.......I'll just make my own.
auragreg
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:58 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
there was a guy on here taking orders for screens ... and then he disappeared.

I seriously think there is a secret group that stops this kind of thing form happening.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
Stereo_Heartbeat
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it all comes down to secluding the accessibility of hand screen printing a board....which I won't comment on ...I see the benefit of that, and I see why there would be some "secret group". I am decent though...found a link for this sort of thing that goes into SERIOUS detail on the construction of one of these screens...
Jigzaw Sequence
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 02 Dec 2008 Posts: 280 Location: southern california
yep, definitely a secret group.
stu
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quote
hey man, i just wanted to clear something up, about the secret group thing. you see, i started printing boards about 6 years ago. i did it proper getto style, in my garage with a flat screen, and i looked everywhere for plans to make a curved one, but there were none. I tried to make one out of old furniture, a ever got a large flat screen and cut it into angles to try to shape it and it didn't work. i then payed £400 for these screen makers to make me 3, all 3 were the wrong shape but over the course of a year i learnt how they were wrong and it showed me how it needed to be right. I was doing all this without any help from this forum or from anybody. I emailed skate companies, i got no reply, i searched the net for plans for the curved screen and there were none. I was pissed that no-one would help me and give up all their knowledge.
Then i found this forum, and i started posting pics up of how i was printing the boards and shaping my screen, i started asking questions on how i could make it better and thats when people started to help. I realised pretty quickly that screen printing boards is a real skill, it takes dedication and patience and money, and in order to get it right and be a master you need to get tit very wrong. i realised that no-one in their right mind would give all that information up to someone who hadn't been through the same struggle to get it right. why should they?
So, my advice is try on your own, post up some pics, make some friends on here and show people that you are serious about it, sooner than later, people will give you advice and you will learn.

good luck bro

Stu

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I had the same problem as you and had no where to find the screens so I started manufacturing the screens myself and have sold various ones to various people in my same situation, the curvature of the boards is important but what is more important is what number of silk screen you are using. If you or any one else is interested in silk screens you can contact me at [email protected] and ill get back to you with more info or prices.

Xedus
lovetoskate
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
^^ you go in every thread and spam your email like everyones going to buy from you. your decks dont even look top quality.

Page 1 of 1