SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Burned on screening
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Burned on screening

kirb-slider
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
that is a big hell to the fuck no, there buddy.

you need it to be anywhere to 280-320 depending on the brand of ink and deposit laid down for at minimum of 30-45 seconds again for the brand and deposit to cure all the way through.

anything else is substandard and will either wash out, flake off, or crack and chip away.

~nostalgia is the wave of the future~
badgoldfish
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Sep 2005 Posts: 406 Location: kalamazoo-michigan
-The only way to know if it will work is to try it. I've been doin it on my own since 04 and I've made and lost money, but i love it.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Aw Fuck it! I broke down and went and picked up most of the equipment today, put down a nice deposit and am going back to get the rest of the stuff in a day or so. Can't really afford to do it, can't really afford not to. A friend has agreed to let me set up in his storage building in his back yard for now. It's wired, has water and comes with Bose surround I'll try to post some pics when I set things up!
masonmayhem
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Oct 2004 Posts: 1376 Location: Redneck Riviera, AB
that sounds like it should make a good set up. especially to start. your overhead is probably extremely low if your buddy doesn't charge you rent. i'm guessing you'd help pay his water and electric bills though. but still that's a good deal. that way you can undercut the other companies in your area and get some rep going.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it's gunna be a cool little shop for sure. The guy who owns the building has a Landscaping buisness and I'm gunna bust off some shirts for him and his crew at no charge of course. Other than that he insists on no kind of money for bills as far as rent or anything. But I will most certainly make him take some money to help with extra water and electricity, no doubt! Finished cleaning all the screens today and I'm gunna reclaim and degrease em all in the next day or so and try to get a dark/screen room worked out , so I can coat em up!
masonmayhem
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Oct 2004 Posts: 1376 Location: Redneck Riviera, AB
this is gonna sound really stupid. i've been screenprinting for almost 5 years now...and i don't know what degreasing means or how to do it. maybe i have done it but i don't know what it is...

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Degreasing comes right after reclaiming or first if it's a new screen. You need to apply degreaser with a spray bottle and use a brush to work it in, then rinse it out and let it dry. Degreasing just removes any impurities in the mesh like oil or dust, etc.
RYKE1
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Congrats DSB! It's scary to go out on your own but you never know unless you try. Good luck!
dsb-1
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Ryke, I'm working on it. Yeah, It's a bit scary but I'm already diggin it more than ever. Freedom in a print shop is a welcome feeling. Still getting things set up and testing exposure times, etc. right now. Should be working on my first order in a week or so.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2