SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  WANTED!!  »  SANTA CRUZ, SPECIAL EDITION: 'first meaningful deck'
Page 1 of 28    Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

SANTA CRUZ, SPECIAL EDITION: 'first meaningful deck'

oneendone
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Alright, I had thought I wouldn't participate in making a wanted thread but after much consideration here it is. All that I'm looking for is a NOS version of this exact deck:

After roughly ten years of casual looking, I've realized it's not an easy task. I always thought that if I just laid low one would come around eventually. I've never really been aware of anyone actually searching it out and assumed it wasn't a priority for most collectors. I thought I would've found one by now. I do own a used version which is in my avatar and over the years have seen 2 used pink, 1 used black, and 1 other used white(fos to professor) like mine. Now after spending so much time on my own looking without any luck, I feel I have to call on the community for help. I know that there are some completists out there when it comes to Santa Cruz decks but I humbly appeal to all of you and the skate gods to wish me luck in landing one of these NOS white dips again.

I'm a bit of a hoarder so I'm not into trades. Also, I find it difficult to trade art and usually feel uncomfortable with the deal. For those reasons, if the opportunity ever presents itself, I would like to deal in cash only.

Of course I'm interested in owning other decks. Although, this deck is currently the only one that I feel warrants publicly approaching the community with a thread.

While going through my old photos looking for a shot of me as a kid wearing a red paisley shirt while holding my new Special Edition I stumbled across a few other cool photos. Since I will be bumping this up occasionally…not obsessively, I thought I'd share a few.

I liked to do grip art on all my boards from 1986 through 1992 (yeah, it's a little odd but I had always liked to think of the decks as little works of art) and then I just started doing full grip. The bottom one is an Agah – Going through Life with Blinders (slick). There were so many others that I didn't take shots of or have now lost the photos…I always had fun doing it!

…as you can see I wasn't partial to any company…just what felt good under my feet at the shop.

I thought jkelly/Go Skate or Go Home and vaskateboards would dig this one!

A shot of me from around 1990 doing a footplant off a guardrail at an old skatepark in Michigan called Skate Escape.

Thanks Everyone!
chall5
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quote
Great photos

I've never seen an unused NOS Special Edition, probably one of the hardest mid 80s SC to find. Even the harder than the Bullet Terrorist
GETOCAT
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote
Best of luck on the hunt .

Epic pics,too.

Scotty T
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I love pics from BITD like that one, the stoke on the kids face holding a piece of awesomeness like that is something i remember fondly.

Grip art is sick. Do you still have any of those decks? I wish I had some pics of mine.

Good luck, this sounds like it will be a really tough one, but then again some stuff just shows up here and you go farrrk where did that come from???

jkelly
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
yeah thats a pretty killer variation.. I had a friend growing up that had a black and green one like it...never saw another fade like that before...

JS would love to see that deck as well....

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
Scotty T
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quote
It's funny to see that pic in the snow, I can't imagine getting a skateboard for Xmas and not being able to ride it for the snow!

We always overheated on Xmas day with skateys and bikes and so forth

oneendone
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote
...agreed chall5, it'll be tough. Kind of an off-beat but rare deck. It's fun to keep looking!

Jay, thanks. I thought it was a killer variation as well. Black and green sounds pretty sweet too. I was hoping a few members would've dug it?
Seems like I had read a thread on here a while back where someone was referring to either Schultes being on the forum or that he was looking for some of his old decks? If you got a a line on him or wanted to pass it along, I could provide a better quality image. Too bad the deck is long gone.

GETOCAT & Scotty T, Thanks! I really appreciate the well wishes!

Scotty, I actually do have two survivors with the grip art intact.
-One is a deck I retired early back in the day, cause I loved it so much. I learned so many new moves on it and the girl next door was always coming around while I was riding it , he, he...good times. The ramps were starting to tear at the plys from sliding over screw heads and I just didn't want to see it destroyed.
-The second, is the ramp complete that was left in the rafters of my parents garage when I moved away from home. I'm so happy to have it now! After twenty years I realize it's a perfect time capsule of my most ideal setup, at the peak of my ability, and has been totally untouched. I went on buying decks(while the one sat in the rafters) and soon after started only doing full grip. Things got more serious in my life, in skateboarding and the grip art seemed too outlandish for the darker 90's mentality.

Oh, and snow...what snow? We would find any dry piece of cement!!

Maybe, I'll post some shots of the survivors in a future bump .

Last edited by oneendone on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaskateboards
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
future bump!
oneendone
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 am Reply with quote

- Ah yes, a third survivor with grip art intact…one delegated to the street!

Bump for a Grail!

If anyone has ever seen a white NOS SC Special Edition mechanical fish in any private collection, please…shoot me a pm!

...more survivors to come...
Scotty T
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:34 am Reply with quote
Ha sick, sunflower top and bottom, love it. I pine for my one and only survivor that I lost

Page 1 of 28    Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next