SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Printing repro decks
Page 1 of 1    

Printing repro decks

acsdata
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
This is my first post here, but I've been a lurker on here for a few years. My 10 year old son has just gotten into skating over the last 6 months or so and it's really rekindled my passion for it in a big way. I hadn't really skated in over 20 years, so it's been great getting out with him and just having fun.

Anyway, I like to try and do my own thing quite a bit, and my son and I have been working together on building a couple of molds so we can make our own decks. Nothing for sale or anything, and who knows, they may suck and end up just being wall hangers. However, the molds have come out really well, and I'm working on a modified mold that will be strictly for old school decks.

My son really digs my flourescent green DnB Cab that I have hanging in my office, and I'd like to screen that graphic on his deck. I've seen some crazy looking repro's on ebay, and the graphics look really good. I was wondering what they are doing to get such good results. Are they just scanning the decks, and then doing a color separation from there? I think it'd be sweet to do some crazy colorways that were never produced.

We already screen print some of our own t-shirts, and I'm going to be building a screen print from for our decks. I'm by no means an expert on screen printing, but I have a basic understanding. I just think it would be cool to try and do a nice repro with some older graphics.

Page 1 of 1