SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  cant get the whole graphic to appear without tilting screen
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

cant get the whole graphic to appear without tilting screen

mkelty
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
To sound less harsh.... if you're after a tip to tail, and don't have a curved screen, you may need a 48" screen for a 32" deck.

If you try to make a curved screen, and don't know how to measure tension, then either you wing it, or learn what tool measures tension.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
i know there is a tool to measure newtons, but how would one stretch the screen to have it 10 newtons across the whole frame. It seems that there would be spots on it that werent 10 newtons. I get all my frames pretensioned. It's not fair for you to insult me and say I dont have knowledge, when I do. Youre making unfair assumptions towards me.

Moving on, if one was to hand-tighten the mesh on a frame, it wouldnt seem like it would be very accurate. I understand 10 newtons is pretty loose, but i worry about accurate image replication.
mkelty
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
lovetoskate wrote:
It's not fair for you to insult me and say I dont have knowledge, when I do. Youre making unfair assumptions towards me.

I not insulting you, it's that your questions sound pretty naive. I'm glad you know the tool for the job, that helps paint the picture of what you really are after ("How can I do it as good as possible?").

Of course it's going to be uneven. Curved screens are not an exact science, the peaks will be more taut than the valleys, and the tension side to side will be tighter than tip to tail. All you can do is try to get it as good as you can. If you've never stretched a screen before, than you're in for a learning curve. Start in the middle, try to tack out 10 newtons on a 1-2" wide area from side to side. Now try to widen that narrow band by pulling tension along the length *AND* side to side.

You could also opt for getting a big roller frame (say 36X48) and stretching it to 10 newtons (or maybe a hair less), put it *OVER* your new frame, and tack it down.

It will never be even, but if it's loose enough to stretch with the squeegee and taut enough to stay off-contact, then you're golden.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2