SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Gnu Billy Goat
Page 1 of 1    

Gnu Billy Goat

Upland_Yo
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:06 am Reply with quote
I acquired one recently and I have to say, the banana/magnatraction combo is pretty sweet. I know several of us argued with Mr. French about the relevancy of the Mervin innovations. Here's my update.

It's nice in the deep stuff and it adds about 5MPH to my comfort zone when bombing down the hills. Does it track better than a regular cambered snowboard...no, it's about the same as a good cambered snowboard. I was expecting it to be more of a railer but it's pretty much the same as my high end Salomon boards. However, I feel like I'm less likely to catch an edge which is nice.

It seems to be pretty fast but it's hard to say how it will stack up against the Burner or the Sick Stick in different conditions.

The long and the short....

If I could only have one snowboard, I'd buy something from Mervin. It does it all very well.

If you're like me with a stupidly large stack of boards, I think you can get more specific for the needs but I'll still reach for the Billy Goat on deep days.

I also have to say that Mervin's commitment to making products here in the states is top notch. I think there are only two companies in mass production that still make boards in the US...props to both of them for putting people and the environment before profits.

Last edited by Upland_Yo on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
loveoldschool
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Just came upon this post, considering Billy Goat for this year.
Does the C2 feel weird at all? It seems like it would have no spring coming out of a turn.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote
No, the C2 feels like a regular board that has extra float in the deep stuff. I was expecting it to feel different but it's pretty much the same ol feel but a slightly increased confidence on the downhill speed due to the edges not being grabby. It's not a park board...kickers with your buddies for sure but not something you want in the park every day.

It's medium stiff so if you like a noodle, this is not it. It is about 30% jib and 70% railing down the mountain on any surface.

It's pretty much a quiver killer...if I could only keep one board, this would be it for sure.
yoyo
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Upland_Yo wrote:
No, the C2 feels like a regular board that has extra float in the deep stuff. I was expecting it to feel different but it's pretty much the same ol feel but a slightly increased confidence on the downhill speed due to the edges not being grabby. It's not a park board...kickers with your buddies for sure but not something you want in the park every day.

It's medium stiff so if you like a noodle, this is not it. It is about 30% jib and 70% railing down the mountain on any surface.

It's pretty much a quiver killer...if I could only keep one board, this would be it for sure.

The Lib Tech Emma Peel back in the days was marketed as a quiver killer....to keep up with your Amero fag friends....
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quote
yoyo wrote:

The Lib Tech Emma Peel back in the days was marketed as a quiver killer....to keep up with your Amero fag friends....

I don't think they market the BG as the quiver killer, it's just a good setup like that. I would think that all mervin boards with C2 are quiver killers.

Amero fags?...dude, remember what you buddies where doing on snowboards back in the day...hard boots, scarves around the neck, skin suits. But then you Euro's did provide Terje so I gotta give that to ya!
loveoldschool
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Good deal on the C2. Have worried I would get on one and be all WTF is this. I had an emma peel back in 93

You ride at mammoth don't you upland?
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
I used to ride there a lot but now I get down there every once in a while. I ride Mt. Bachelor for the most part as it's 25 miles from the house with some Meadows, Ski Bowl, and Baker thrown in here and there.

Page 1 of 1