SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  TATTOOS  »  Bitter Mike Tattoos
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Bitter Mike Tattoos

GyS
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Yea that's all very true, I just don't see why you and some others think it's so bad.
Is it because it is not very traditional peices or what?
This is some really old work of his.

If you think he sucks so much and is such a horrible tattoo artist, got any explanation as to why you need to book him like 4 months in advance to even get a tat from him at present?

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I did not post the first comment, and I agreed that is a fucked up thing to say. suggestions of improvement are always better than shit talking.I don't have login name on this site, and I don't know anyone here anyway so my identity really wouldn't matter. as far as the tattooing it has nothing to do with the style just the quality of the shading, linework etc, look at pic #5 I think, the piece on the knee that is a perfect example it just doesn't look clean to me. I did go back and look at the site and I saw the newer piece of the leg w/flowers that is a lot better than the other stuff.
GyS
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Yea...I saw that peice for the first time last night as well...the new one I mean.

Those first peices he did on mike were done like 7 years ago or something like that, he spent some time in Hollywood Florida last year working out of I'm not sure what shop, nowadays he just does work out of his home studio, and is insanely busy.

it's safe to say that any tat artist when they begin will not be pro....Him and Mike have known each other for a long time, I'm pretty sure some of those first peices on Mike were done before he had even decided to become a Tat artist for money.

Also, personally I think Mike's choice in what kind of Tattoos he wants is fairly tacky, I would never tattoo a car on myself.

Grant is also a surfer and skater, another reason I posted it here, He is going to be doing sleeves on me over the next year, hopefully they will get a better response than Mike's tattoos.

Besides, he is only 30, I imagine after a few more years of doing it for a living he will only get better, and since I own a skate shop, I imagine his art will also appear on a skate deck or two over the next few years, whatever, regardless of what some grizzled tattoo artist thinks of his work I think he does a dam fine job, considering he was mopping floors for a living in the 90's.

And he is my brother, I support him, I will be covered in his tattoos soon, and will be proud of the fact that my older brother is the artist......but thanks for being honest, everybody starts somewhere.

It's alot like me and my skate shop, almost been open for a year now, but the rest of the longtime standing skate shop owners and legendary companies more-than-likely think I'm a brainless kook who won't last for long, but I've got alot more driving soul than to let that kindof attitude scare me away, live and learn man, that's the name of the game.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:19 am Reply with quote
seth, ygpm

[ This Message was edited by: letsgoskatepool on 2004-03-08 00:19 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2