SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  New Shop Advise?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Shop Advise?

erock
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:58 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the advise. There are a lot of great companies and bands in the Chicago area. Hopefully they will want to help us as much as I want to help them.

The space we wanted fell through, and now we are looking for a new location.

thanks,
Eric
ThrashCan
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Small skate co right here. We got low prices for shops and awesome wood. If you wanna check some stuff out see my site and email me if interested.

Good luck with your shop bro.
boarderline
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:29 pm Reply with quote
watch out for long leases! unless you're sure. don't get into a mall situation with triple net (percentage of your profits ontop of rent) until you're well established. unless the rent itself is damn cheap -even then. don't get into a 4-5 year lease with an alarm company. like adt. shop around. beware employees - i think theft from employees in this field is way higher than most. based on experience and "word on the street" about other shops - what profit the cool guys bring you in street cred, they might be taking home with them at night in product or kicking down to their friends. and last for this post, inventory. it costs you yearly to own fixtures and inventory -if it gets old, mark it down and get rid of it, don't hold onto it to help keep your inventory at a certain level -i learned this one the hard way. ask for POP (point of purchase display stuff) from EVERYBODY. it's important! even distros have stuff.
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:04 am Reply with quote
erock....what town? I'm in Naperville.
erock
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:59 pm Reply with quote
We found a space in Oak Park that I really liked, but someone else grabbed it. I'm still looking in that area, but I'm looking all over the north/northwest 'burbs.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2