SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Warped decks...
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Warped decks...

UndeadSouth
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:05 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Nov 2002 Posts: 437 Location: A cemetary in Alabama
BDS,
How long has it been since you re-straightened your decks? Have you come across any side effects? I wonder if the wood will try to re-warp but on a faster pace after enough time if put on the wall.
I think its great what you've done. I'd like to see you post how things are going after a month in.
I ask, because I have several warped Black Labels.
BDS740
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:21 am Reply with quote
No side-effects so far. If you take the time and do it right, and keep the deck in a constant temerature and humidity, it shouldn't happen again.
BDS740
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:13 am Reply with quote
Ok, I've decided to start producing these. I'm now taking orders. I will include detailed instructions, and some info in why wood warps. Prices as of now are $49.95 + shipping. E-mail me if you want em!

[ This Message was edited by: BDS740 on 2004-04-20 10:43 ]
Conscience
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Sep 2001 Posts: 1239 Location: Brew City, Wiscompton
I'd like some pics if possible. thanks

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:26 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Yeah, good call. a rig jig.

if anybody has access to square steel tubing and a welder it could be quite sweet to make these babies.

the one I made over 10 years ago was cool for the purpose. but I designed a better one, with steel. yeah, and bolts to bolt down the deck through the truck mounting holes.

make sure you line the steel piping with rubber so it doesn`t leave marks. an old tyre inner tube would work well.

use G-clamps under each of the six feet and tighten appropriately. the most force on the opposite corner. though it will depend on the type of warp. also I designed my warp jig thing so that you can place the deck either upside down or right way up. (In case you you over clamp!)

make sure you line the top of the clamp with padding otherwise the clamps will leave marks.

elevate the whole thing up on cinder blocks. put a crappy old plastic electric kettle underneath, cover with a sheet of plastic, check periodically, every 10 minutes, and adjust clamps a little more.

after steaming for a while(2 days! are you crazy!, one hour max), take off the plastic. leave the deck clamped for another hour or more for the glue and wood to settle again.

unclamp. or gradually unclamp it. check the distances on from the deck to the feet. use a ruler. if there is still a difference then try again.

if the deck is still warped turn the deck over and try again. this time lightly clamping. practice makes perfect.

try a crap old board first.

of course this only works with small warpage along the board, not warpage accross the board. not that I have tried though, who knows?

I guess you can make it with 4*2 and nails. use hard wood, not pine, otherwise the jig will warp.

have a nice day.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alto...673&.dnm=fbae.jpg
BDS740
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:40 am Reply with quote
Here's the new thread
http://www.skullandbonesskateboards.c...20469&forum=16&19

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2