SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD/PARK ADVOCACY  »  Dalton Skatepark Expansion Project
Page 1 of 1    

Dalton Skatepark Expansion Project

eetacmetak
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
We're working to expand our public skatepark and we need your help to do so. Please, "Like" us on Facebook at, https://www.facebook.com/DaltonSkateparkExpansionProject. Thank you!

I would like to mention that if we make it to 1000 likes on our project page that I will personally shave my head completely bald.

Also, I'm not a dude.

SHAVE FOR SKATE!
slob-air
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Why do beginner bowls?

Do they do beginner golf courses?

Or beginner football fields?

Beginner hockey arenas or basketball courts?

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
Why do beginner bowls?

Do they do beginner golf courses?

Or beginner football fields?

Beginner hockey arenas or basketball courts?

That was just a re-post of a recent park that the company who also designed our current park shared on Facebook. But honestly, it's better than nothing at all.
slob-air
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I think its a waste. Build it big and the kids will go big—this has been proven to be true in the Pacific Northwest. All these killer little groms hucking it in 14ft deep terrain.

Build 3ft to 6ft and that's all they'll ever ride and they'll get bored with it sooner—and they'll be scared if they encounter big stuff.

ergo: Kiddie bowls are not good for skateboarding.

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
I think its a waste. Build it big and the kids will go big—this has been proven to be true in the Pacific Northwest. All these killer little groms hucking it in 14ft deep terrain.

Build 3ft to 6ft and that's all they'll ever ride and they'll get bored with it sooner—and they'll be scared if they encounter big stuff.

ergo: Kiddie bowls are not good for skateboarding.

I get where you're coming from and I don't disagree. I would love nothing more than to have the biggest, baddest bowl there is at our park, and I will work to make that happen, but my opinion isn't the only one that matters. It's so early right now, we honestly don't know where the design will go or if we'll even get a bowl. Right now, we're just trying to get the word out. I appreciate your feedback.
slob-air
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
eetacmetak wrote:
but my opinion isn't the only one that matters. It's so early right now, we honestly don't know where the design will go

That's were you are in error. You need to promote that from the start and you need to drive the design to its destination—otherwise you wind up settling for something more suited to the scooter kids that will glut your park.

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
eetacmetak wrote:
but my opinion isn't the only one that matters. It's so early right now, we honestly don't know where the design will go

That's were you are in error. You need to promote that from the start and you need to drive the design to its destination—otherwise you wind up settling for something more suited to the scooter kids that will glut your park.

You missed the part where I said that I will work to make that happen. I didn't mean that I wouldn't fight for it, just that I can't make any promises.
eetacmetak
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
It's going to take a lot more than me to make this expansion happen and because I need the help of others in my community to achieve this goal, I'm happy to hear their ideas. I'm open to whatever our local skateboarders have to say and I look forward to meeting with them. Bowl or no bowl.

Page 1 of 1