SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  STICKIES  »  Net Neutrality just got gutted
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Net Neutrality just got gutted

stew
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
How do we decide who gets access to this new form of free speech? The difference between a terrorist and a hero depends on your side of the fence.

If the USA, for example, were to announce a Civil War then I'd happily fight against those with whom I don't share a belief system. Until then, I will fight instead for everyone's right to make and share comments and statements and whatever else even if I find them to be crazy. Banning someone who, for example, doesn't like SPF's or who teases people who are obviously wildly financially secure yet still ask questions like, "what wheel should I try?" (try them all, you dumbasses) doesn't stop them from having and sharing their opinions.

No, I'd prefer the world's terrorists to use an Outlook Calendar and check into their little bombings with foursquare.

Read the Circle (eggers) and then vote for more surveillance or stop using the web!
slob-air
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
This has ZERO to do with surveillance and terrorists. This is entirely about Telcos wanting control so they can increase profits.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
the free speech bit is germane as the Australian suggested using net throttling as a means to limit terrorism.

Without net neutrality it appears that established larger businesses may be able to thwart competition by buying bandwidth and not with innovation.
slob-air
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
poonlord wrote:

So does it also mean that abusers, scammers, terrorists and general scum of the world who shouldn't have free reign on the internet to do their dispicable shit can also be blocked, slowed down etc?

Not anymore than anyone else.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
stew wrote:

Without net neutrality it appears that established larger businesses may be able to thwart competition by buying bandwidth and not with innovation.

Of course. That's what its always about—limit competition and increase market share while exacting corporate agenda.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2