SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Bones brigade---last colorway!?!
Page 5 of 10    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Bones brigade---last colorway!?!

Titletownjeff
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Like Whores
sticko
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote
nightstalker wrote:
With TJ5810 on this... no more George - at least not in the OG colours.
Prices have already taken a hit for OG powells and not fair on guys who have worked and spent so much to make there collection what it is.. I am not a powell collector so I am not talking from a one sided corner but always felt strongly about the fact its cool to give people the reissues and graphics they want but stay the hell away from original colourways. Let there remain something special in owning a original whether its powell, SC, SS, Vision.. etc

I see your point about OG Powell prices, but I wonder how much of that is due to the PP Pig Generation if you will, moving on and a younger generation coming in and bidding the price up on 90's decks versus current PP reissues "killing the OG market."

That said, I personally feel a bit weird talking about all of this in sort of cork sniffing, speculating terms.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote
Powell posted those a week or so ago to gauge reaction. According to kam, something may be in the pipeline for Xmas, don't hold your breath tho.
dustas
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
That'd be hard to swallow if it's true. Wasn't George banging on about how these (bones brigade reissues) would be the only chance to get these decks.
Dr freedom
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Just to keep it as unofficial as possible, here is a quote from a person who emailed kam in regards to them.
"He said he couldn't officially say they were reissuing the later shapes but that we MAY have a good Christmas.. "
Hal9000
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
TJ5810 wrote:
Anyone else see the post by the bones brigade site.

HOLY SHIT! Just when I had given up on these Powell threads.

George, here is my credit card info! I'll back up the Brinks truck. I for one could give a rats ass about the secondary-collector-museum-archivist/skateboarders of the world. I just want to ride the decks that I had back in the day without getting ass raped on ebay. If Powell/Santa Cruz/et al. reissue decks (AND in the exact color-ways as the OG's) more power to them!

Decks were made to be skated not hung on the wall by a bunch of junior wannabe Indiana Jones'. Deal with it.

George, fire up the printing press! Take my money now, dammit!
Chris_B
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Dr freedom wrote:
Just to keep it as unofficial as possible, here is a quote from a person who emailed kam in regards to them.
"He said he couldn't officially say they were reissuing the later shapes but that we MAY have a good Christmas.. "

I was also told we will have "at least one Christmas surprise".

I believe it will be a one-off situation, correct shapes, one color run. I would have to imagine a second (third? fourth?) would follow, depending on how the correct shapes sell.....which will be through the roof, given the comments most people give.
cujo613
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 11215 Location: Santa Cruz California
sticko wrote:
nightstalker wrote:
With TJ5810 on this... no more George - at least not in the OG colours.
Prices have already taken a hit for OG powells and not fair on guys who have worked and spent so much to make there collection what it is.. I am not a powell collector so I am not talking from a one sided corner but always felt strongly about the fact its cool to give people the reissues and graphics they want but stay the hell away from original colourways. Let there remain something special in owning a original whether its powell, SC, SS, Vision.. etc

I see your point about OG Powell prices, but I wonder how much of that is due to the PP Pig Generation if you will, moving on and a younger generation coming in and bidding the price up on 90's decks versus current PP reissues "killing the OG market."

That said, I personally feel a bit weird talking about all of this in sort of cork sniffing, speculating terms.
theres no one bidding up 90 powells anymore, nos youth gone bad ending at$850, if its not a re issue its not legit, most of them have no idea what the 90 boards are unless they have a re issue
jpc675
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quote
Herwig wrote:
It can be assumed that ebay will be flooded with OG PPs soon now that this message which seems to be coming directly from PP was published.

Yes and no. Those reissue Cab Dragons and DnBs, didnt cause the OGs to plummet.

Stay away from original colorways. Light blue isnt really cool on all of those Powell, Yellow sucks, go with more modern colors and everyone could be happy.

Problem for Powell is they seem to have gotten used to the extra cash provided by the reissues of the last 5 years, they did a Bones Brigade movie, these classic decks are their bread and butter, always were...I see them releasing them, making a ton and going out of business for good after that. Nothing to replace or continue the flow of cash after Powell releases these....what's left? Anyone into skating after 1991 could give two shits about Powell Peralta.

But Tommy, I thought you said I'm alright Spider
_________
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:39 am Reply with quote
Also, I was moritified when Powell re-released the Barbee IV, I'm fortunate to have one of the originals, but they made the top graphic smaller and left the edges natty vs dip like the originals.....now people are asking $200-$300 for that Barbee IV reissue, so making alterations is huge, cant stess this enough, and limiting the runs will protect the OG market.

But Tommy, I thought you said I'm alright Spider
_________

Page 5 of 10    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next