SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Bones brigade---last colorway!?!
Page 6 of 10    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Bones brigade---last colorway!?!

jpc675
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
Finally, those pining to ride one of these...a 31inch deck at best, ice flat nose, weak concave and weak/mellow tail heights? If these decks were that great to ride they wouldn't have been made obsolete by the popsicle. Sure, sure, switch skating changed it. Whatever. SC Obrien Reapers tail...that's a tail.

But Tommy, I thought you said I'm alright Spider
_________
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
You hold a heat transfer in your hand it's chalk and cheese against og.
If you've got og you probably wouldn't be happy with reissue.
If you've got them to keep you're laughing. If you think you'll sell....you'll probably lose a bit. Original shapes will come eventually. Reissues are here to stay. They are the only option for anyone that cant afford og. Hard for them to not annoy you though when they take up 80% of an eBay search.
sticko
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
izo96 wrote:
You hold a heat transfer in your hand it's chalk and cheese against og.
If you've got og you probably wouldn't be happy with reissue.
If you've got them to keep you're laughing. If you think you'll sell....you'll probably lose a bit. Original shapes will come eventually. Reissues are here to stay. They are the only option for anyone that cant afford og. Hard for them to not annoy you though when they take up 80% of an eBay search.

BINGO! That is the most annoying thing about the reissues for me.

That said, I just got an orange Cab BB reissue and I really dig it. I think it might be different if I didn't already have OG old boards, but I can get into these for what they are. It'd be a lot sweeter if Chicken had screened them though.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Reissues are a new source of income for companies.
Look at Jeremy Klein, its a new source of income for him as well.
Any company not in the reissue/ nostalgia market is a poorly run organisation & lacks foresight.
Chris_B
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
jpc675 wrote:
Herwig wrote:
It can be assumed that ebay will be flooded with OG PPs soon now that this message which seems to be coming directly from PP was published.

Yes and no. Those reissue Cab Dragons and DnBs, didnt cause the OGs to plummet.

Stay away from original colorways. Light blue isnt really cool on all of those Powell, Yellow sucks, go with more modern colors and everyone could be happy.

Problem for Powell is they seem to have gotten used to the extra cash provided by the reissues of the last 5 years, they did a Bones Brigade movie, these classic decks are their bread and butter, always were...I see them releasing them, making a ton and going out of business for good after that. Nothing to replace or continue the flow of cash after Powell releases these....what's left? Anyone into skating after 1991 could give two shits about Powell Peralta.

Yea, that's my thought as well. If they do end up releasing some of the correct shaped decks, I hope they go with a colorway that was never released before, or some kind of variation. That's why I'm stoked about the final run in this shape. I wanted a black lmfp, that was my first deck and I have an XT near mint now, but I wanted one to skate. With this color it is very close to what I wanted, but it's different enough that it doesn't take away from the rarity of my original.
Howard
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Good day guys, just catching up on posting and if you had an order with us on the last series of decks we have been shipping all this week. We have a few left if your interested and to me the black and gold look sweet. enjoy, Howard

www.calsk8.com 1-800-647-5283
mrlumpy
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, the new colors look like utter garbage.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
It looks like someone just played with the colors in iPhoto or something. I prefer that they do terrible colors, it's better for those with OG decks. Weird how the Hawk is a legit color and the rest are just a mess though.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I like the fp better than the orange from the last run. Hawk looks decent.... The rest are trash.

I'd be surprised if this isn't the last run, I can't imagine these selling out very fast.
trader661
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
They're all fuckin garbage
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 6 of 10    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next