SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Manurfacture Q&A
Page 1 of 1    

Manurfacture Q&A

sk8edge
Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote
Just wondering. Is it possible that if i make boards with any skateboard manurfacturer and do you think they would allowed us to do quality control/ test of the board? Is there any charges?

Coz if i had an idea or should i say technology like P2 construction or featherlight or something like that. I might have to patent the tech/idea right? But does the manurfacture do boards that ive invent the technology? What if they steal the ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sk8edge
Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:52 am Reply with quote
????

I have a friend did a board in china. He used his own technology called BBT Tech. Im just curious coz he did own any manurfacture but is that possible to do on someone manurfacture?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slob-air
Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
I have clients that actually have to live in China so they can monitor production at the woodshop they use there. For that to work they also have to promote that woodshop to other brands.

But US woodshops wouldn't take kindly to such a thing and would need some significant reasons to do so—primarily you'd need to dominate their production schedule. And in some cases, at some point, they may offer your tech to other brands.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
Tq for the infos
slob-air
Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
I do have a connection to a woodshop in Canada that is almost entirely robotic—the owner just has to feed the robot with supply each morning: veneer, glue, stain etc.

As your run would be entirely programmed and carried out by the robotic arms you would not need quality control or testing beyond the initial programming and test run. Once its all plugged in you're good to go.

And they use very high quality veneer and glues.

Even when patented your invention etc can be stolen. It doesn't prevent anything, it just gives you an avenue to sue those violating your patent which often isn't worth it so you're looking at the ability to pay your lawyers to send out toothless cease and desist letters and not much else.

Page 1 of 1