SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Wide park wheel?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Wide park wheel?

honkykat
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:44 am Reply with quote
Check out the Spitfire Conical Full 58-59mm wheels. Big contact patch and are fast yet grippy.
aciddrop
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:24 am Reply with quote
vaskateboards wrote:
Try some Speedlab wheels!
It's creative urethane just like rainskates and they have wider wheels!

https://www.speedlabwheels.com/

what is "creative urethane" ?
Danno
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 pm Reply with quote
"creative urethanes" make skate wheels among other stuff. They make wheels for various companies. The original Shitbird owned Speedlab wheels were poured by them. The 57mm Grimeballs were the best all round wheel ever IMO.

Here's their site. I think they have some stock off the shelf molds for wheels or you can pay to have your own molds made. They have many different compounds and know their stuff.

http://www.creativeurethanes.com/

http://www.creativeurethanes.com/urethaneskateboardwheels.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aciddrop
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Danno wrote:
"creative urethanes" make skate wheels among other stuff. They make wheels for various companies. The original Shitbird owned Speedlab wheels were poured by them. The 57mm Grimeballs were the best all round wheel ever IMO.

Here's their site. I think they have some stock off the shelf molds for wheels or you can pay to have your own molds made. They have many different compounds and know their stuff.

http://www.creativeurethanes.com/

http://www.creativeurethanes.com/urethaneskateboardwheels.html

thanks Danno.

seems their softest wheel is 95a (going by their page info) yet both Rainskates and Speedlab have lower duros...
Danno
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:08 pm Reply with quote
aciddrop wrote:
Danno wrote:
"creative urethanes" make skate wheels among other stuff.

thanks Danno.

seems their softest wheel is 95a (going by their page info) yet both Rainskates and Speedlab have lower duros...

Glad to help. Looking at the new Speedlab wheels (original owner sold it to the current owner or owners) there's something different about them. I don't think they are poured by Creative Urethanes any more which is a damn shame. They also haven't updated anything on their site since June 28th this year. I don't know if anyone on S&B is riding the "under new management" ones but when Shitbird owned the company they were really good. Why oh why did I sell my Godoys to you Warehouse?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
warehouse
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Danno... I have pass d them on too. I can't remember when or who. Those might have solved my problem if I had held onto them:(
I ended up grabbing a grosso 9.25. My old thunder 159's and SPF fit perfect on the back and a little narrow on the front. All good though. The grosso I'm riding now is really similar to that one I got off you back in the day:)
vaskateboards
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Danno, still made by creative and still as good as ever!
Actually better since there are a lot more wheels, sizes and duros available.

Still have 2 sets of the Godoy's! Such a great wheel!
If you liked those try the artist series, checkmates or the Danforth's
San Diego Oldschooler
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Oct 2003 Posts: 2832 Location: Down South in San Diego
All of our Rainskates wheels, except for the Black Rain series, are made by Creative Urethane. We have durometers ranging from 82a to 100a, in many different sizes & shapes.

SDO

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 pm Reply with quote
warehouse wrote:
Danno... I have pass d them on too. I can't remember when or who. Those might have solved my problem if I had held onto them:(
I ended up grabbing a grosso 9.25. My old thunder 159's and SPF fit perfect on the back and a little narrow on the front. All good though. The grosso I'm riding now is really similar to that one I got off you back in the day:)

Argh! Another stunning blunder on my part. I have a 9" AntiHero (standard popsicle shape) with Ace 55s (I thought it was time to give them a try). I just have to sort out wheels. I'm not selling anymore skate stuff it's just too heart breaking. I hope all's good with you.

@vaskateboards thanks for the info, so an order to them would actually happen? I was wondering if they were still going. A T shirt and if in stock a set of their Bombshells (they look very similar to Grimeballs) would be nice. I'll send an email. Thanks for letting me know they are still poured by Creative, all is well.

@SDO I will take a look. I have a couple of sets of Black Death and sadly the vert years are over thanks to injury so the slightly softer stuff is what I am looking for. Would've loved to try the Black Rain here. Outside of London but built by Dreamland. The local skaters raised the cash and made sure the local council did not bring in some know nothing concrete contractor and landscape architect to build another shitty park. Good for them.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2