SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Indy Stage Help
Page 1 of 1    

Indy Stage Help

x1124x
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Aug 2003 Posts: 1467 Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Need some help ID'ing what stage Indy's these are. Anyone?

Thinking Stage VII?

Sorry for the links. It was quicker to throw the pics on my google drive .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynI6HLktpPANkF4NTRhUTRNWDY5MjhqWTNXaDZYQnNKc1Zv

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynI6HLktpPAekRoaE1wR3lkVThac1RvN01BbXlQS1YzTFI4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
slavadov
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:03 pm Reply with quote

slob-air
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Stage who the fuck cares. Anything after Stage II is irrelevant.

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:07 am Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Posts: 655 Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Stage 7's! I just bought a complete that had a set on them. Stage 8's can be differentiated because they added the cross logo to the baseplate.

They were basically just the stage 6 with the double drilled baseplate for when that change happened. The stage 6 only lasted like 16 months before the hole spacing revolution happened...

Side note, I recently learned that Geoff Rowley will ONLY ride Stage 7 Indy's, and has been that way for years. Even when he was on Fury Trucks a dozen or more years ago. Even when he's recently had Indy "pro model" colors come out! He just hunts Stage 7's online, I think the 146 size.
x1124x
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:01 am Reply with quote
Ha interesting about Rowley. I think they are 146's. I should sell them to him. lol.
Thanks for all the info.

I had seen the graphic with each stage, but still wasn't 100% sure. i know there are dudes on here who live for this stuff, so I figured someone on here could prob take one look and tell me what stage, what day of the week they were made, and if the dude who made them was wearing boxers or briefs or going commando.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
slob-air
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
hobb_masta_flex wrote:

Side note, I recently learned that Geoff Rowley will ONLY ride Stage 7 Indy's,

Salba used to be in search of Stage 7s. Every where he went he'd be asking if anyone had some they wanted to sell—being a true and blue Indy rider that was the only thing he could do as he didn't dig the newer stages.

Ace Trucks made Indy irrelevant for a lot of Indy riders primarily because so much of the design was based on Stage II and III Indys. Of course the radical change that was Stage 5 Indys was due to the whole jump ramp thing that faded away yet Indy stuck with that design (they did try to improve it though) and finally dropping the sandcasting method after Fausto and Eric passed for the current injection mold method which angered a lot skaters that had stuck with Indy throughout all its stages.

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
slob-air wrote:

and finally dropping the sandcasting method after Fausto and Eric passed for the current injection mold method which angered a lot skaters that had stuck with Indy throughout all its stages.

Why would anyone have a preference for sand casting?

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Because it makes a better truck than the injection molding which has a much higher issue with air bubbles that often occur in the pivot arm and can cause it to break while you are riding it. Happens with sand casting too but no where near as often as injection molding unless you've got a burner that isn't producing the correct temp.

Injection molding also means the axle gets cooked and can also be easily off center.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
hobb_masta_flex wrote:

Side note, I recently learned that Geoff Rowley will ONLY ride Stage 7 Indy's,

Salba used to be in search of Stage 7s. Every where he went he'd be asking if anyone had some they wanted to sell—being a true and blue Indy rider that was the only thing he could do as he didn't dig the newer stages.

Hmmm... I'll hit up Salba and offer them to him if he still wants them
Welsh Pete
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Aug 2005 Posts: 224 Location: Portland Via Swansea
[quote="slob-air"]
hobb_masta_flex wrote:

Of course the radical change that was Stage 5 Indys was due to the whole jump ramp thing that faded away .

Special trucks for jump ramps?

Sure...

After jump ramps street really evolved, so surely they still needed trucks that could handle big drops to flat?

Page 1 of 1