SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  looking for distributors/shops
Page 14 of 14    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

looking for distributors/shops

projects
Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:01 am Reply with quote
Hi, ALL sorry i havent been involved in this lately but i have been very busy with college shit... but i am still down with the dist, co. let me know what i have missed and what i need to do on my part, thanks. my email is [email protected]
http://www.projectsskateboards.cjb.com
[ This Message was edited by: projects on 2004-05-03 10:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: projects on 2004-05-03 10:02 ]
oldskateguy
Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 May 2004 Posts: 99 Location: Morro Bay, California
First time posting here. My name is Jack Smith, I own Bahne Skateboards and oldskateguy.com.

We are looking for distributors for both lines. You can take a look at http://www.bahneskateboards.com and http://www.oldskateguy.com.

Thanks,
Jack

[ This Message was edited by: oldskateguy on 2004-05-05 16:16 ]
stillboardin
Posted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading through the thread and have a small bit of advice. If you are serious about this then you should draw up a partnership agreement. Maybe even look into incorporating. (ugly word but necessary) Let me tell you why.
Say you start sell your boards and shop A decides to place a large order. You struggle to get product lined up but it takes a while. Shop A owner becomes pissed and has a close dear Lawyer friend who says that you have breached your contract. He sue each and every one of you for a million bucks (crazy but can happen) if you are not incorporated then your personal assests are subject to the suit. If you are incorporated then only your business assests are subject. Which at the stage you are currently in is very little.

Also, what happens when company A in your group decides he doesn't want to play anymore. But he is the one handling the money end of things. Whithout a partnership agreement you don't have much leverage when he splits with the $200 bucks you have made.

Also, if you are going to run a company that sells wholesale to other companies the government will find you if you don't go legite and pay taxes. It's easier to pay them now then try to explain it all down the road in front of an IRS auditor.

I know this all sounds like I'm siding with the side of the government and big brother and all, but I know from first hand experience. Been there, doing that.

Invest in a lawyer, accountant and an insurance agent.

Good luck on your venture. I hope you all do really well. I love to see people working hard in the skate industry!

Scott@stillboardin skateboards
stillboardin
Posted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:11 am Reply with quote
And another thing. Take Jack up on his offer. He has been in the industry longer than most of you have been alive.

He may even offer you advice on how to run a distributorship.

Another thing is that you want to be careful when asking for social security numbers and CC numbers. If you have no means to do anything with them then whats the point. And if you are going to want to accept Credit cards then a legit business is a must. (partnership/corporation) credit card companies won't allow just anyone to have a "merchant account".

Please don't take this a I am dumping on you, because I'm not. I just want you to be aware of all the angles. You know "Pay it forward"

Good luck

Page 14 of 14    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14