SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Shipping Question for Aussie members
Page 1 of 1    

Shipping Question for Aussie members

TJ5810
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:30 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 06 May 2011 Posts: 1079 Location: Towards the Ether of the Alamo
Want to ask if anyone has had any experience with a package they posted from Australia to the States not showing updated tracking information for an extended period of time. Been a little over two weeks now without an update.

I bought a deck on eBay from a seller in Perth on Dec. 22nd. It's being shipped to Texas. It showed dropped off at the Perth post on Jan. 3rd and processed Jan. 5th, but no tracking updates after that one on the 5th.

My experience is about 15 to 20 days making across the Pacific. Quickest was about 10 days. I contacted the seller on Friday, asking if he was seeing updates. He responded that the Aus Post can take their time moving a package out.

I've bought about 20 items from Aus. and NZ and have always seen it hit tracking spots along the way. Just wanted to see if anyone has had an international package stall or not show up for an extended period of time.

Cheers

Last edited by TJ5810 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Parker
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Feb 2014 Posts: 761 Location: Half a beat behind
I sent a bunch of shite to t friend in LA before xmas, still hasn't arrived. The tracking hasn't moved since it landed 2 weeks ago.
Colin05
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
Australia Post tracking reports have been shit lately. As well as the time to deliver.

I posted some wheels back in October to the US and instead of the usual 7-10 days, it took over 3 weeks for the package to arrive.

When I posted my Secret Santa box to Europe, the tracking stopped once it had arrived in the country's first delivery depot. No more updates after that.
Luckily the guy had received it but didn't post up in the SSanta thread until Xmas.

Last edited by Colin05 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Colin05
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:51 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
PM me the tracking number.

aciddrop
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:00 am Reply with quote
going in the opposite direction i have had parcels show up as departing the office and nothing till it arrived at the destination.

i have also had parcels go to Australia then NZ then back and forth twice! in a matter of days...

the tracking on USPS is not always up to date. it can also depend on the type of shipping class used.
johnnydougherty
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:56 am Reply with quote
I had the same experience just like with you that it is not showing the tracking information before. Although now that I am using BRI sea freight Australia to New Zealand and i got to track it since it landed 2 weeks ago. You might want to contact your courier each and every step of the way.
mosu101
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:58 am Reply with quote
TJ5810 wrote:
Want to ask if anyone has had any experience with a package they posted from Australia to the States not showing updated tracking information for an extended period of time. Been a little over two weeks now without an update.

I bought a deck on eBay from a seller in Perth on Dec. 22nd. It's being shipped to Texas. It showed dropped off at the Perth post on Jan. 3rd and processed Jan. 5th, but no tracking updates after that one on the 5th.

My experience is about 15 to 20 days making across the Pacific. Quickest was about 10 days. I contacted the seller on Friday, asking if he was seeing updates. He responded that the Aus Post can take their time moving a package out.

I've bought about 20 items from Aus. and NZ and have always seen it hit tracking spots along the way. Just wanted to see if anyone has had an international package stall or not show up for an extended period of time.

Cheers

the parcel is most likely shipped by sea.

the last scan point was it at an international dispatch point?

it is possible the item is on a boat sailing away.
so the next scan point would be entering America at a port.

probably by 30 business days time (some times earlier)

if it went by air (cost heaps more) should be 10 business days - but once arrived in America depends on the sorting priority of the air parcel.

items can sit backlogged dependant on local postal priorities.

and of course corvid 19 has thrown things out the window.

Page 1 of 1