SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Let's all start posting on SnB again.
Page 12 of 12    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Let's all start posting on SnB again.

nick1572
Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:10 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
OldSchoolKid wrote:
I joined one of those collector pages on FB, buncha clowns over there. If it's not late '80s Powell or Santa Cruz they don't have a clue. I guess I've gleaned from them that late '80s stuff is going for stupid big money nowadays. S&B is way better.

Is Blackheart still around? His posts on here were always pretty good.

I was on a few then got off then got back on after a few years to see what was out there. The noob fervor is strong!

S&B is way better! Just need to get this bitch mobile ready.

x1124x
Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:32 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Aug 2003 Posts: 1465 Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
[quote="nick1572"]
OldSchoolKid wrote:

I agree!

Slob, have you looked into this? What would be the cost? Would be a one time cost? Maybe we can rally the troops and all kick in a few $?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zowenso
Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 am Reply with quote
[quote="x1124x"]
nick1572 wrote:
OldSchoolKid wrote:

I agree!

Slob, have you looked into this? What would be the cost? Would be a one time cost? Maybe we can rally the troops and all kick in a few $?

I know slob said it would be big money but man would it be worth it. FB is ok, but if SNB got kicking again it would be awesome and I do believe if posting pics was easier for people it could get going again. Id kick in for sure.

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10181 Location: Hardscrabble, CA
zowenso wrote:

I know slob said it would be big money but man would it be worth it. FB is ok, but if SNB got kicking again it would be awesome and I do believe if posting pics was easier for people it could get going again. Id kick in for sure.

Needing offsite picture hosting was always a barrier to entry (think how many people came here for value/info and couldn't post pics), and the Photobucket mass rape made it a wall.

Youtube video functionality dying was the final straw.

Host pics and make the videos work again, and it's back on....bigger than ever. Dudes who started on Zuckergram the past few years will migrate here in increasing numbers as they start wanting more interaction and frankly legitimacy.

Don't need mobile. Just zoom, pussies.
slob-air
Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 62385 Location: S&B HQ
Not the right place to discuss this but I'm exploring all of that and have been for quite some time. The cost is insane and getting worse as time flies. But I have a plan and I'm just waiting for the opportunity to rear its head.

Of course, I have to win all my advertisers back, and more, to finance it but I am on it when I can be on it. Kind of in a financial situation at the moment that requires one mother fucker of a shovel to dig out of.

That said, I am on it and will hopefully be in place were I can take advantage of the opportunity I'm waiting for to pop up.

In the meantime, imgur seems to be providing good free hosting for images and youtube provides direct links—you can even pic were the vid starts from.

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:40 am Reply with quote
Sticks wrote:

....Dudes who started on Zuckergram the past few years will migrate here in increasing numbers...

Hmmm...maybe just leave well enough alone then.

sonicdan
Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:37 am Reply with quote
nick1572 wrote:
Sticks wrote:

....Dudes who started on Zuckergram the past few years will migrate here in increasing numbers...

Hmmm...maybe just leave well enough alone then.

yes.

slob-air
Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 62385 Location: S&B HQ
I don't enjoy booting people. Im many cases I hated having to nuke certain individuals—I spend a stupid amount of time trying to steer members away from behaviour that will result in them being nuked. It has been so long since I've had to boot anybody besides the occasional spammer... then Steve Bacon comes in under an alias. It was quite satisfying to nuke his dumb ass.

Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10181 Location: Hardscrabble, CA
slob-air wrote:
I don't enjoy booting people. Im many cases I hated having to nuke certain individuals—I spend a stupid amount of time trying to steer members away from behaviour that will result in them being nuked. It has been so long since I've had to boot anybody besides the occasional spammer... then Steve Bacon comes in under an alias. It was quite satisfying to nuke his dumb ass.

Oh shit. Username(s)?

Page 12 of 12    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12