SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VIDEO & IMAGES  »  My First Day Skating Vert!
Page 1 of 1    

My First Day Skating Vert!

XSProgression
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:39 am Reply with quote
What up S&B?

So I finally had my vision granted and made it to a vert ramp to try skating! Took some slams on it, took some wins on it, had a friggin blast!! I am absolutely loving this style of skating and cant wait to keep shreddin it some more! Here's the video of my progression on it my first day. Got up to tiles at least which felt sick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XagMOhtrY

Anyone on here skate vert? Got any tips or what to go for next?
gheepup
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Excellent first day in that bowl! Looks like a lot of fun.

I would recommend you practice front side kick turns in there next, eventually getting tile. I know it sounds scary to go frontside but once you get comfortable with frontside in a big vert bowl it will open up a whole new world of options. For me a good frontside carve grind is about the best feeling of satisfaction I can achieve on a skateboard.

You can also shoot for backside slash grinds since a couple of times in the video you had plenty of speed to get coping. Then, of course, you will want front side slash grinds.

At any time you can start working in backside and frontside carving and pumping to maintain and/or gain speed.

Looks like you are having a lot of fun and thats what its all about. Good job!
XSProgression
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:48 am Reply with quote
gheepup wrote:
Excellent first day in that bowl! Looks like a lot of fun.

I would recommend you practice front side kick turns in there next, eventually getting tile. I know it sounds scary to go frontside but once you get comfortable with frontside in a big vert bowl it will open up a whole new world of options. For me a good frontside carve grind is about the best feeling of satisfaction I can achieve on a skateboard.

You can also shoot for backside slash grinds since a couple of times in the video you had plenty of speed to get coping. Then, of course, you will want front side slash grinds.

At any time you can start working in backside and frontside carving and pumping to maintain and/or gain speed.

Looks like you are having a lot of fun and thats what its all about. Good job!

Thanks a lot for the tips on where to go next with it! I had so much fun skating this thing!! Excited to get frontsides and some slash grinds. That is going to feel awesome! I still need to get a vert drop in from the coping and not just the roll in too... Intimidating one hahah

Page 1 of 1