SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Help Allen Losi Skate Again
Page 1 of 1    

Help Allen Losi Skate Again

mikivuckovich
Posted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Gofundme.com/f/help-allen-losi-skate-again
You may have heard that Allen Losi is dealing with an unimaginably painful condition, and he needs our help. If we all do our part, we can help Al get the treatment and medicine he needs to take control of his condition, and maybe even skate again!

When skateboarding had nearly disappeared in the early 1980s, Al was one of the modern pioneers who kept it alive. He pushed the technical limits at the time and helped reinvent it for our generation. It was on this foundation of technical vert skating pioneered by Al, Elguera, Hawk, and others that skateboarding re-emerged in the ’80s. That’s partly what earned him an induction to the Skateboarding Hall Of Fame in 2018.

But Al has been debilitated by CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome), a progressive disease of the Autonomic Nervous System that has him fighting to manage intense chronic pain. While CRPS is usually limited to one’s limbs, Al has full body Type-2 CRPS, so every cell in his body is affected.

After being accepted for a new experimental treatment, Al's doctors believe that he is on the verge of a technological and medical breakthrough. With this highly specialized therapy, and his complete commitment, he may be able to find a better quality of life. But maintaining his insurance and facing thousands of dollars in costs for these therapies and other uncovered medications have proven too much for Al to do alone.

Since 2012, Al’s so far spent over $350,000 on just medical bills, liquidating everything he owned, including his life insurance policy.

With the specter of gaining control of his condition, he’s determined to improve to a degree that allows him to resume regular work and even get back on his skateboard—perhaps not as he once did, but enough to experience the stoke once again.

This GoFundMe campaign is an opportunity to show our gratitude for Al’s contributions to skateboarding and the rich experience it’s been for all of us, and to help him return to a thriving and sustained quality of life.

Please make a donation in whatever amount you can, then share the link and let your Friends know you contributed. That will make all the difference!

Gofundme.com/f/help-allen-losi-skate-again

Let’s get Al skating again!

Thanks,

-Miki Vuckovich
strohsbro2
Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:09 pm Reply with quote
That's awful.

Thanks for posting Miki.

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:22 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Losi board auctions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?isRe...amp;sid=allelos_0
zeno01
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Those boards up for auction are amazing!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:28 am Reply with quote
They are fantastic!
slob-air
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
He's been suffering a very long time. I can relate —fucking sucks when something stops you from being able to skate.

I already through what I could.

Funny, I watched an old contest vid on youtube the other day and saw Losi take a nasty slam, Tater somehow got back on his feet—I thought they were going to have to leave to paramedics. Dude was ripping prior to that slam.

Good luck Losi, I'd really like to see you ripping again.

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I love most of those Losi decks...but seriously, Alva? You put your own name on it?! Haha!!
strohsbro2
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I thought the same thing about Alva

Page 1 of 1