SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  Looking For Volunteer Writers & Photographers
Page 1 of 1    

Looking For Volunteer Writers & Photographers

Boardcoast
Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Hey friends,

https://boardcoast.com is a site dedicated to teaching new skaters the ropes and keeping experienced riders in the loop with the newest and hottest skate products.

We're currently looking to expand our team by getting some volunteer writers and photographers. If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to email us at [email protected]

We'd love to showcase your writing and photos of you and your friends skating!

Thanks in advance and have a great day!
slob-air
Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
You mean you want people to work for free?

Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I would love to be able to hire writers eventually. Truth be told, I got my start as a volunteer writer for many different newspapers and magazines. In my personal experience, it was well worth it. However, that can be quite subjective and varies from person to person.
slob-air
Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
I worked my way up from writing for local mags to the biggest newspapers in the city, to national papers and on to contributing senior editor of skate mag and two other mags in the US at the same time. Did a fair bit of corporate communications, advertising and brand evolution Got paid by every one of them. If you have the skill, you get paid for its use. If you are good enough to be published, you are good enough to be paid.

Not paying your writers is fucked up.

Almost as bad as a skate shop here that asked me to supply their team with Rockets Bearings. They wanted to get them free and then sell them to their team that works their ass off promoting the shop for fuck all beyond a discount.

After cutting them off of my distribution list, I did everything I could to drive them under and succeeded.

Same thing. If you're good enough to be on the team and promote the shop, you are good enough to get paid.

Page 1 of 1