SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Spinal Cord Injuries
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Spinal Cord Injuries

mosu101
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Axis,

glad you posted.
Im doing ok now after my compressed vertebrae. Vertebrae is still the same but im mobile and still surfing with the occasional skate.

hope your disc's get better soon - sounds horrific.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Tell your surgeon to quite fucking around and remove that fucking disc and fuse those fuckers together already!!! A single fusion isn't going to bother you or stop you from doing what you want to do.

I have L5-S1 fused and C3, C4, C5, C6 removed (both discs and vertabrea were removed) and replaced with 2 titanium rods, a stainless steal cage and a titanium plate.

I was skateing all the time after I recovered, now my knees are fucked up again so going to see what we can do to fix ASAP!

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:50 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
Tell your surgeon to quite fucking around and remove that fucking disc and fuse those fuckers together already!!! A single fusion isn't going to bother you or stop you from doing what you want to do.

I have L5-S1 fused and C3, C4, C5, C6 removed (both discs and vertebrae were removed) and replaced with 2 titanium rods, a stainless steal cage and a titanium plate.

I was skating all the time after I recovered, now my knees are fucked up again so going to see what we can do to fix ASAP!

He's either being a lazy fuck, and or is a tool whos clearly more worried about his surgery record. He says there's no clear surgical path to take in the MRI, and if I find things in life I love to do then I just wont hurt. Literally what this assclown told me, with my wife sitting there "who rants about this comment all the time". I'm gonna head in for a second opinion, as he originally offered to fuse it, with a cage, but now five years later denies ever offering such.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:07 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:

I have L5-S1 fused and C3, C4, C5, C6 removed (both discs and vertabrea were removed) and replaced with 2 titanium rods, a stainless steal cage and a titanium plate.

I was skateing all the time after I recovered, now my knees are fucked up again so going to see what we can do to fix ASAP!

So I saw my PT dude today for the reconstructed ACL, he said he thinks id benefit from a fusion, after how id mentioned i was gonna look for a second opinion. These days the thought of the pain vs the huge ass cage and shit they might remove, im leaning in the direction of the fusion. can i dm you some shit on my mind about it @Slob?

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Of course! Any time.

The cage I have in my neck along with the titanium rods and plate are not even a bother really, you can't even visually see that that was done except for the scar across my throat which you actually have to look for.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2