SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Potential rig...
Page 1 of 1    

Potential rig...

MileHighSkates
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO

This might be fun to build up with some Seismics (135 or 155) and some soft wheels...

[ This Message was edited by: MileHighSkates on 2004-06-13 00:22 ]
theshralpster
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:01 am Reply with quote
that is a cool deck!

Do you think that it would be good in bowls or do you think that it would be too big?

You are prolly itchin to get back out there!
MileHighSkates
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
nah, it's not too big. i've skated a 44" comet in bowls, and aside from it scraping on the waterfalls, it was fine.
alvadude7
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:16 am Reply with quote
schralpster,
It's a nice deck and can be ridden in bowls. I tried it at a few bowls one of which was a snakerun into a bowl.
Western Canada (Vancouver BC) loves Landyachtz. It seems Landyachtz and Skull Skates rule the parks here for good reason. Solid Wood and nicely finished.
They're gonna be a hot item at Milehighskates for sure. The artwork is incredible too. Aboriginal art is rad(see rest of the line), no other board out there that has Westcoast Aboriginal(Haida Art) Flava!!They have a 60" model that looks like a mini surfboard - a brute that is 1" thick. I'm from the home of Landyachtz so I'm super-proud of the company cause the boards represent my city/province so well as does Skull Skates.
I assume you've tried or regularly rip a BDS LB. Personally, I like the BDS better for bowls because it's wider in spots critical to me. But that doesn't take away from the Landyachtz one bit. I know it really shines for bombing hills. I'd say it's a very versatile shape if you can own only one LB.
The American LB market is in for a very pleasant surprise. I'm stoked to see Milehighskates is savvy enough to recognize an outstanding product line when they see it!
I'm not at all in the skate biz but feel compelled to let the bros know that you're about to see "THE BEST" Shizzle for your hillbombing pleasure!It's been a well-kept Canadian secret for too long.
theshralpster
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:15 am Reply with quote
Cool,
Main rides for me are teh afroman hustler and the bds longboard. Could never get comfortable on smaller boards.
alvadude7
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:56 am Reply with quote
Me too shralpster. My Sacred Heart that I used to skate exclusively sits at home most of the time now. Can't get into my BFII either. Love the BDS LB.
The Afroman Hustler and Skaterbuilt Skatercult got my attention too except I'm too lame to use a kicknose so far. I'm tryin to learn to use it tho.
The Cult sounds good cause they're so durable and you don't need rails.

Page 1 of 1