SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  WHITE UNDERCOAT
Page 1 of 1    

WHITE UNDERCOAT

mark huggan
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Nov 2002 Posts: 10 Location: deck threats and disrespect Vancouver
Hi has any one any suggestions for this problem
My decks are black half dip black on the bottom I have been screening with pretty good success near the center of the deck but I have some large graphics that need a white undercoat, they are simple enough designs but where the squeege gets to the edge it bleeds out I have 1/8 th inch off contact but the ink rolls up and leaves a lip or worse it smudges past the image border.

I am about to add more emulsion to the bottom of the screen to make it a heavier out line but if any one has a tip or has this happening let me know Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
donald20
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:47 pm Reply with quote
check my pics on how to hold the squee tomorrow mark.your mistake is that you put pressure on the wrong point of the squee.
try to place your fingers on the urethane and feel the board(follow from nose into the convex to the tail and make sure your squee sticks to the board).also once you have done that apply even pressure on the outer edges of it.
i'll send my stuff to slob tomorrow morning.
hopefully he'll post it the same day.
are you using water-based colors or what-if not i have a tip for you.let me know
don
mark huggan
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Nov 2002 Posts: 10 Location: deck threats and disrespect Vancouver
Thanks I am using water based right now makes fixing mistakes easy I will try with the tip on the fingers I am using a softer squeege I have three to work with two pro types one home made that is softer I will let you know how it goes I just restreched the screen and am going back to try it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
donald20
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:58 am Reply with quote
trust me,marc-it's in your fingers...
ohio
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:28 am Reply with quote
thats what she said

Page 1 of 1