SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Old Burton backyard board
Page 1 of 1    

Old Burton backyard board

Homer80
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:52 am Reply with quote
Can anyone give a little info on this board. I knew it was an original snowboard , I got it in 1981 at a ski swap in Vernon Valley N.J.. In the condition its in I hoped it would bring in at the most $400.00 but at the rate it's going It's more valuable than my " Ray Bones" ! Whats the real story, snowboarders don't seem to have a collector's forum like Skull and Bones.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7134115524&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Juarez
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:32 am Reply with quote
That board is one of the first production snowboards ever made, 1978 I believe. It's hard to tell by the pictures if it says "Londonderry" on it above "Vermont, USA" If it does, that makes it worth more, as Londonderry was where the first Burton "factory" was. There were very few made. There was a BB I and BB II, the difference being that one had foot straps and the other was more like a regular Snurfer. They simply don't come up for sale very often. At one point the Londonderry boards were THE most highly sought after production boards around...people were willing to pay a lot, but the big collectors have got them now so the prices have come down a bit. You're lucky, even in the rough condition it's in that is as rare as it gets.
Homer80
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
Thank you, It does say Londonderry on it. I guess that would explain why it's getting such attention. I've gotten emails from everyone that has an old snowboard website. No one would say anything other than I'll give you this for it right now. Whats funny though is no one has asked me about the board itself, like how bad is it broken or how long has the rear strap been missing. Thanks again for the insight, I was beginning to think I was going to get a sick amount of money (witch I am) and never know why.

In a country full of Neanderthals? I wear it as a fucking badge of honor!"

Rainbow Randolph Death to Smoochie

Page 1 of 1