SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD ART  »  Holybeast skateboards
Page 1 of 1    

Holybeast skateboards

Homer80
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:51 am Reply with quote
I started painting boards in August '04. After my Stepson got me into skateboarding again, lots of things in my life started going full circle. I decided to design some artwork for skateboards. I would completely render the artwork the traditional way (on paper) then repaint it by hand on the board. I wanted to involve hot chicks with skulls and blood and evil things ( I also liked the way the WWII pilots would paint their favorite pin up girls on their fighter planes.
the first 2 boards were done on 90's style boards.

the first one

This board I called black metal, I just wanted a basic evil skull and a girl with a nice ass.

This board is called Baphomet, inspired by the infamous 101 natas deck.
Stranglehold77
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:55 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 10 Apr 2002 Posts: 5437 Location: Victoria BC CANADA
E-V-I-L!

Nice work. Who says eternal damnation can't be sexy? What's the story with those red "forged in the bowels of Hell" trucks? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:57 am Reply with quote
When it came time to design the third board my Stepdaughter wanted to help ( She's really into Amy Brown's art) So I came up with " Fairies wear boots" for the theme based on the old Sabbath song.

This little Fairy did something nasty and she don't care.

Homer80
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:07 am Reply with quote
Now I was starting to get a better feeling for painting on boards ( My style of painting dosent bode well on wood.)

Holybeast 4 is called " The call of Cthulhu " It's sort of a sequel to a peice I did about 5 years ago called Alter of Sacrifice. The difference being the eyeballs in the Skull, sort of a tribute to Pusshead ( I dont usually put eyeballs in skulls.

Keep in mind I did most of my skateing on a "Ray Bones" back in the day. So thanks to VCJ I learned how to draw skulls correctly. ( I really loved that graphic I painted it on everything even an old sailboat I had)
Homer80
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:19 am Reply with quote
This board is my carving board. The Demon in the board is called Hallow, It's a character that My Stepdaughter and I developed after the 3rd board.

These last two boards are also going to be painted on top with different designs that will include a logo ( once I design something I can render by hand) I also have two more boards that I'm working on One will be based on an Egyption god and the board will have Egyption symbols and the like, it is inspired by the "Welinder Nordic skull with runes" graphic a favorite of mine. The last board is inspired by Sean Cliver and the works he's doing with Hook Ups. I will keep you posted on these ( if anyone is interested of course.) Sorry for any spelling errors. ( I'm going to make that my sig.)
bobby
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Cool stuff,keep it upside down!!!!!
JEC_31
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Holy Fooking Sheeeee-it....

Very cool.

Page 1 of 1