SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  cheap silk?
Page 1 of 1    

cheap silk?

olivelawn
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I am gonna build a frame myself and am looking for the right kind of silk. I've read that american silk 12xx is what I want to start. I just called my art supply store and they said it was $5 a square foot, which will get very pricey. I called around to some fabrics stores and they have much cheaper fabrics, but when I asked if it was 12xx, they didn't know what that meant. Any suggestions? I'm trying to get started cheap and see if I like doing this.
Lard
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:50 pm Reply with quote
its a polyester I dont know about pricing over there but ring a screen supply store.
mesh is costly but if ya going to buy some the cost of getting them to stretch it is worth the money. if you've ever tried to stretch one by hand and register a design you will Know what I mean. You would have just wasted the price of your mesh.
olivelawn
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:42 pm Reply with quote

So you can use polyester? Would you guys recommend going to a fabric store and seeing what they have?
ohio
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:44 pm Reply with quote
it cost me 28 dollars for me to get a new frame stretched, look to the way im doing it, im using the aluminum on on wood and i know this is the way alot of big time printers are doing it i have asked them and they said they are using a frame just like mine with the aluminum and wood. the higher the mesh count the more expensive. my mesh frame size is
47 by 27

Page 1 of 1