SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  How many longboarders ride trannies?
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

How many longboarders ride trannies?

MileHighSkates
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
Ride whatever y'all like. Some of the LB jihad are pretty anti-shortboard. Granted, I like a longer-than-average shortboard, but hey, it's all supposed to be fun, right?
msk
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Aug 2004 Posts: 606 Location: 1/2 way between Dogtown and the Badlands
I ride a longer board simply because that's what I'm most comfortable with. Back in the 70s, I used to switch back and forth between a 31" and 38" board with no trouble at all, and could skate equally well on both. The longer board was more fun, especially in contests, because most people thought it was harder. Great for psyching out the competition: "If he can skate that well while handicapping himself on that board, he must actually be better than us..." (although I wasn't any better at all on a shorter board).

When I started skating again after a 20 year layoff, even though I wasn't used to any particular size anymore, I found I was much less comfortable on "average" size boards. Finding a used Gravity at Play-It-Again Sports was a turning point for me. For the first time since starting to skate again, I had a board that felt comfortable. After going through a few Gravitys, Sector9s, and Bulldogs, I decided to reproduce the boards I made and rode over 20 years earlier. The most recent ones have a slightly longer length (40"), due to the nose kick, but the basic shape and wheelbase (22") is the same I used 25 years ago. Still the best pool/park board I've ever used...

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3