SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Loaded Vanguard... ever ridden one?
Page 1 of 1    

Loaded Vanguard... ever ridden one?

Southpaw
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:33 am Reply with quote
Due to a recent move to a tranny-deprived locale, I need a longboard.

Based on my needs, wants and body size, a Loaded Vanguard looks like a good choice for me...

Has anyone here ever actually been on one? Based on my online research, the appear to be versatile (carving, bombing, cruising...) strong (Flex 1 is for riders over 250 lbs.) and well put together.

Do they live up to the hype?

Thanks in advance
Jeff
MileHighSkates
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
A little on the flexy side (even in the correct flex). The overall shape works well if your feet are on the "paddles," but it feels weird if you're standing more towards the front with one foot in the middle. I'm not a fan of the clear grip system they use (much prefer conventional griptape).
atxJIMatx
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:13 am Reply with quote
yeah I have a vanguard and one of the loaded pintails... both are really fun. I did scrape off the grit stuff from the vanguard and put some pretty coarse clear tape on it. Both of them are a blast to ride....

I would also check out Insect www.insectskateboards.com .. the Big Bug, Dragonfly or Pintail.... kickass boards handmade 1 at a time to your specs... custom flex etc... Steve Hopper (who makes them ) is great to work with ... just let him know how you want it to ride and your weight etc and he'll cook you up something special.. worth a look if you haven't seen them...
AGENT WD-40
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:33 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i own a vanguard...i have a flex 2, and i weigh 150. the camber flattens out when i stand on it, and when one of my friends (180 lbs) stepped on it, it was only about an 1/2 inch sag....very fun board to pump and carve hard on. i set it up with some 75a gumballs and that thing flies! i definitely recommend it.

atxJIMatx made a good suggestion about insect boards too...either way, you will be stoked

Page 1 of 1