SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  base colors
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

base colors

donald20
Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:43 pm Reply with quote
you have to make the outer edges fit to your board's shape.check my pics , i use some filler on some of the pics.maybe ohio can tell you what this stuff is called in the u.s.
ohio
Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:49 pm Reply with quote
yes its just block out, you can get it in pens to it is like emulsion it wont let ink thru,
donald did you send me a template?
ohio
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:53 pm Reply with quote
donald are you ever gonna post anymore pics of any other graphics such as 3 color or 4 color you said youre regisrations is so tight post some pics, i will be soon as i get some retarder for my ink it dryes way quick in the screen so i have to get some.
ohio
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:06 am Reply with quote
i know you all are still there lets get this screen printing forum back up and runnin for spring time or fall whichever, ive been working on my stuff alot latly i flood coated a board the other night with some success it is hard to line up the board because it hard to see it correctly thru the mesh. Im using mazdar 2700 super opaque white water based ink it drys way quick in the screen so i have to get a retarder so it slows the drying time. right now i have stretched mesh at 15 newtons and its still to loose because when i put the aluminum on the wood frame it looses alot of tension so im going with 30 newtons next time and see what happens. i had alot of luck burning the screen in the board shape that was the easy part i made a template and cut it out and spray adhesived it to the screen and used a 500 watt shop light for 15 minutes. washed it out and moved on, not to hard. screen tension and registration are key so if anyone has any thing they can add about a registration set up that can move x (sideways) y (forward) and Z (up and down) let me know. im working on it but if you can add anything.
like i said lets gets some chatter going!!!!!!!!
primative
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:11 am Reply with quote
i haven't printed any boards yet, but i'm going to use a bar clamp at the top of the frame and adjustable L-brackets at the bottom. seems like it should work. i don't know much about screen tension, but can i use some type of rolling pin to get even tension. and should i buy a tension gauge with all the other supplies. oh yeah, and fuck anyone who says you can't diy
ohio
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:02 am Reply with quote
bar clamp, rolling pins, L brakets, would like to see a drawing or something
livi-skater
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:10 am Reply with quote
will watercolors not come of when the board gets wet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lard
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:01 am Reply with quote
Not to cause any problems. but if you get your board wet it will delam so the print won't matter . Even if you use a water resistant glue the fibre in the wood will change and so the glue bond will fail.Also as I understand the ink will dilute in water but once dry should be Waterproof.

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3