SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Warren Miller's Impact
Page 1 of 1    

Warren Miller's Impact

mr.phil
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:14 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Aug 2004 Posts: 150 Location: Northern VA (not DC)
Anybody see the new Warren Miller movie?
Ms. Puck and I saw it last weekend at the DC
ski and snowboard expo.
Fucking rad.
Glen Plake water sking was a little weak, and
alot of product placement (gotta' pay da rent)
but the rest was worth seeing.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote
Went to see "Higher Ground" saturday... thought i'd add my thoughts to this thread...

It was good but a bit disappointing, some kid, jeremy bloom, narrated most of it, but you could tell Warren wrote the narration... some of the jokes didn't sound as good from a young man as they would've from Warren...

the non-winter bit was HILARIOUS. they did extreme skipping... I can only say this guy with a nice beer belly was skipping around new york in a red and white tanktop/gym shorts combo doing random skate tricks mid... skip? it ended with the guy screaming "SKIPPING IS NOT A CRIME" HAHAHA

instead of a stock footage history bit, they made Glen Plake dress as a skiier from the 50s, 60s, 70s (hilarious with big ol ugg boots looking like male rainbow bright HAHA) 80s and 90s...

so it had it's good and it's bad...

best one liner "skiing at (insert european ski locale name here) today is more like it is today than ever"

haha

It was the first time in my life I saw a Warren Miller movie without mr.phil and i got a little choked up at different parts, especially the helo-skiiing/boarding - that was one of the few things mr.phil really wanted to do but never got a chance.

But I know he's up there now on the highest steepest peak in alaska, just bombing it. virgin, waist deep powder and no one else on the mountain, no need for a chopper...

ms.puck

Page 1 of 1