SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Vacuum?---Attn: Skinny or any skateboard manufacturers
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Vacuum?---Attn: Skinny or any skateboard manufacturers

skinny
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote

Last edited by skinny on Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThrashCan
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Aight heres what you need.....Get your mold, your veneer, glue, a bag and your penis pump. The rest is up to you.
americanskateboardfactory
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I certainly did not mean to imply a hand pump or the kit is not good. I just wouldn�t recommend vacuum bagging with a pump that doesn�t evacuate the air if there is a pin hole or leak.
notaint
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:46 am Reply with quote
An electric pump is a big + when vacuum bagging. You can build any type of board but only 1 at a time. The roarockit is a great deal to learn the process. They sell an electric pump kit too. I got an old air conditioning pump for free from a heating and air conditioning company. So check around there are deals out there. You can also make your own bag with a clear shower curtain and some butyl tape.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ted Hunter
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
A pinhole is always a problem when you have a manual pump. I spent a ton of money refining our vacuum bags so they do not leak. If you are carefull not to drag them over a nail they will hold air for a long time, much longer than what is needed to press a deck.The bigger problem is with the seal. This is where most air leaks into any vacuum bag. If you do not seal it right it will leak. Electric systems compensate for the small leaks, our kits do not so you have to get it right or keep trying until it is sealed. We have replaced our sealing tape with a new less aggressive tape. It is easier to seal and a lot easier to open. Ha ...this was always the one sticking point I had with our kits...trying to get them open was a handfull.
I think that a vacuum bagged deck is as good as production pressed deck.
We spend lots of time teaching deckmaking and promoting deck making worldwide. Our vacuum bag system has made it possible for a beginner to get into it without spending a ton of money on an electric system.
Thats what the kit is about. It may not be the perfect solution for everyone.

Ted

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2