SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  concave squeege?
Page 1 of 1    

concave squeege?

olivelawn
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:35 am Reply with quote
So I did my first board print today between the bolts (I'm actually restoring an old deck), and I had to do a shitload of passes to get full coverage. I had to do the board in thirds to compensate for the concave. Is there a certain technique or is this normal? Do they make squeeges that are more rounded?
ohio
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:58 am Reply with quote
olive you have to used a squeege that is alittle wider than the board, then you use you finger tips, middle finger and the pointer finger and push down on the corners of the squeege when you get to the concave. Let up the pressure on the fingers when you do the nose and tail since they are flat. It takes alittle practice and no more new topics. just add it to the others well see it.donald are you there
donald20
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:42 am Reply with quote
definitely...ohio
olivelawn
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips ohio. My squeege has a large wooden handle and the actual rubber squeege only protrudes from it about 3/4 of an inch or so it might be hard for me to do this, but i'll give it a shot. Thanks for helping out the new guy.

No new threads? Whats wrong with adding a thread? On other portions of the board, people start threads to let people know they have sent them an email. If the thread has a quick answer, like this one, it'll trickle down to the bottom....
ohio
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:49 pm Reply with quote
thats cool 3/4 of and inch on both sides sounds ok as long as the ink hits the edge i have found out some information today all alien workshop and blind and world ind. boards are made in china now. upon further notice i noticed that they are lacuering the top of the deck but not the bottom they do this so the ink will stick incredibly well on bare wood. if you look close lacure comes over the edges of the board but not on the bottom.
any word on this stretching and tensions and how you are stretching d.

Page 1 of 1