SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Anyone tried the Burton Fish?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anyone tried the Burton Fish?

knowskateboarding
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2001 Posts: 2813 Location: Monster Island(NYC)
Thanks Juarez, I've been thinking that myself actually. Can't fully commit to the fish. I really want to try a swallow tail as well, but I'd never buy one unless I moved to Utah.

@ ups PLEASE keep rubbing it in. Pics?
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, not trying to rub it in buuuuuuuuut, we are about to get slammed for the next week. It's going to stay cold so we should have dry and fluffy rather than wet cement like the rest of the NW. I would never rub it in just because I don't want karma to bitchslap me. Last year we had the worse year on record since 1974 and I am not about to jinx it this year. The couch is always open. I guess Utah is getting what we are getting + lake affect. Everything indicates that the west is going to have a good winter. Slow to start in Cali but it will get rolling sooner than later.
rodel
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm a complete newbie, just started snowboarding and have been snowboarding a total of 3 times. I dig it and will be going alot this year.
Question time: My only board is a Fish, should I be looking at adding a second board for the non-powder days?
Admittedly I don't know any better but it has been riding fine for me on groomed runs at Sunshine and seems to do switch fine.
I can get a Ride Concept or Forum Destroyer real cheap.
Thanks alot,
rodel
502fakie
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote
Juarez is on point... I feel the same about the fish. Sorry for chiming in so late, but here is my 2 cents. I live in Breckenridge, Co & own one of these things. I work at a shop so I get easy access to a lot of boards. The fish is rad for deep pow days, but it's definitley a quiver board. This board is sick for deep pow days but sucks dick on groomers. I found that the Malolo is a more well rounded board for pow. It is a cross between the Custom & the Fish. It isn't set back as far & has less taper in the tail. It gets better pop off rollers but neither the Fish or Malolo was designed for switch riding. But seriously, who really rides that much switch in deep pow? I am mainly a park rider but on pow days I'm on my Malolo till shit gets tracked, then I switch out & head to the jibs & jumps. Bottom line, you get over a foot & the Malolo & Fish will be tons of fun. I found that the Malolo not being set back as far as the Fish holds up better at high speeds. That is my main powder board. Just keep in mind that these boards were designed to be ridden in powder and are directional. This means that Burton didn't make them to be ridden switch. If you want to ride switch in pow, get an old supermodel. That's my 2 cents, probably 2 late since everyone already bought their gear for '06.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't know much about the Ride Concept but if it's built anything like the Ride Timeless, that's the board you want. I used a Timeless as a powder board for a while and thought is was killer. Light, jibby, fast, and would power through crud and bumps. I crushed the sidewall on it last year and now it's gonna make a nice bench.
70sSkater
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Crushed sidewall? How bad? I crushed the sidewall on my Asym Air, but I keep riding it. Doesn't seem to affect the performance any.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2