SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  transparent sheets
Page 1 of 1    

transparent sheets

annexskateboards.com
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:12 am Reply with quote
I am looking for a new way to print out the transparent film sheets to burn the image on the screen. As of now i am printing
8 1/2 x 11 sheets of of my inkjet printer. does anyone know how to print the bigger ones for a full board graphic?

thanks, Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Betty
Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:18 pm Reply with quote
you dont actually need the positive artwork on acetate....
you can print it onto paper (yeah, i didnt believe this when the technician told me, but hold your doubt one moment)

today i screened onto a canvas, using an ordinary photocopy instead of an acetate print.

you just coat the photocopy in olive oil so that the paper becomes opaque, then blot it with newspaper so there is no excess grease and expose the screen as usual. my image was photographic and the quality of the finished print is great, as an added bonus its cheaper and the darkest areas are much more solid than you get with acetate.

Lard
Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:34 pm Reply with quote
That has got to be one of the best bit of info for a starting screen printer. the films can be a real problem. so if you can get hold of an A4 lazer that prints banners your on.I have to give it a try.Nice.

[ This Message was edited by: lard on 2003-05-22 00:35 ]
Betty
Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:53 am Reply with quote
oh yeah, the exposure time will be a li'l longer than with acetate, but otherwise, it works the same.
honky
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:10 pm Reply with quote
damn
that is a great idea
as a starting out printer I havent had too much trouble with the transperencies. [being blessed with finding a decent laser printer for $30 helps this I spose.]
but still that is a great suggestion.
will try it out one day just for the hell of it.
also I dont know what other people think. but dont believe people when they say you need expensive globes to expose your screen.
I use the sun
& havent had a problem yet
except clouds
but the pro's may have a lot to say about this.
lshanep
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:14 pm Reply with quote
you can also use vellum instead of acetate. i've been in screenprinting for 10 years and have always used it. you should be able to find it at any office supply store. as far as the length of a board, without an imagesetter --you'll have to splice the sheets together. shane

Page 1 of 1