SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  I want to sponsor some people
Page 1 of 1    

I want to sponsor some people

scuzzo84
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quote
For a small shop, I want to sponsor some people from the local skate park. I was wondering what a good way of sponsoring would be, where it wouldn't hurt the store too much financially yet the people getting sponsored gets a good deal.
CocoMcPuffs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Either discounts on their purchases or rationing product to them.

Example: a deck each month, set of wheels when needed, trucks when needed, free shop shirts.

You don't want to give them boxes of product like major sponsors would but you want them to rep your shop to the fullest.

And give everyone stickers. You'd be amazed how far a few stickers go to bring customers back.
Cappy
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 11580 Location: Cloud cuckoo land
Choose wisely who you pick up to sponsor, how they represent your shop and skateboarding!

It depends on what you give away for "free", on the people you sponsor!

If you pick some real cool cats, you don�t have to worry about the stuff you give them.

In general, 10% discount on everything in your shop, 20% discount on your own shop products (if they need an extra deck or a shirt besides what they get for free).
Yes, they might buy for a buddy a deck at discount, but a sell is still a sell!! (and if you have choosen the right ones, this is kind of advertising!)

Free shopdeck when needed, they might skate one 2 months, if they do a video or at a contest for your shop they kill one daily. Pretty hard to make a rule on this today.
I would say, give them less information on what they can get for free and see how it works out. Say something like "if your deck breaks, come in the shop and we will work it out!"
The same goes for wheels, bearings etc..

2 Shop Shirts every 2 months for free, shop stickers always for free!

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
thanks

Page 1 of 1