SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Wow......really confused
Page 1 of 1    

Wow......really confused

Mr. Roskopp
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone. I've just spent the past few hours in this section alone. I don't know how to start this but, here it goes.

I can't afford the boards I want. Way to costly and I just started my own business and it's sorta sucking right now. I'm even looking for a job in this cruddy job market to pay my bills.

Anyways, instead on buying a NOS I looked around at various sites including this one on restorations of skateboards. I thought that would be cool and fun and give me something to do instead of worry all the time.

Today I found 2 boards and I only got one of them. Here it is. I had one of these as a kid and thought it would compliment some Roskopp boards on my wall. I'd really like to have another one so hit me up if you have one you wanna get rid of. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tegory=16264&rd=1

I want to restore this deck. I remember taking screenprinting in art in the seventh grade and liked it. But I suffer from CRS and have no idea what I would do.

I read the getting started and what all was needed and I just simply can't afford that. Period. Not at this time.

The only other alternative I have right now is, once all the "wood" work is done on it is to paint it. I have a paint gun, airbrush and compressor.

Now, I need to know what would be the best way to go about using paints and sealers and all the good stuff that will go along with it.

Also, will the airbrush and/or paint gun look o.k. since I can't screen print it?

Here is what I need from any of you, please (i'm begging here)

1) What materials do I need ( Very specific if possible from the sealer, sandpaper grit, paint to use (brands aslo) and anything else that would be helpful)?

2)Step by step inst. if possible as far as the sanding, masking, getting the graphics "just right"

3)Shouldn't I or should I (after all the painting is done) put a clear coat on the final work?

4)If anyone has a picture of that 7 ply logo on the kicktail that would be super helpful. It may get lost in the wood restoration.

If any of you could give me some of the pointers listed above that would super wonderful.

I can't offer you guys anything unless one of your kids needs a retainer. If so you can send me their models and what color and design they would want in it and it won't cost you a dime. The orthodontist usually charges you 200 to 400 for a set of retainers. I can even do old school skate designs in them.

Sorry, that's all I have to offer. Please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks so much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Page 1 of 1