SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Messed up, screen repair tips needed...
Page 1 of 1    

Messed up, screen repair tips needed...

Nick
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:31 pm Reply with quote
So I did my second small run of decks this morning. When I was done washing out my screen, I droped the hose on it. It made a small 2 inch tear, but not where any printing will be done. It isnt in the way of a pass or anything but i am worried about the tension of the screen now. Plus the rip could increase when washing out the screen, any tips of successfully bonding this rip would be much appreciated. I was thinking good old duct tape would probably do the trick but didnt want to do anything yet.
donald20
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:57 pm Reply with quote
duxt tape might work for the beginning.however your supplier has a very special tape for that kind of mishaps.it is sort of an aluminium like tape,which gets stuck to both sides of the mesh.ask him...
Stranglehold77
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:16 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 10 Apr 2002 Posts: 5437 Location: Victoria BC CANADA
In my experience, the tear will just continue to get bigger and bigger until the screen is useless. You may have to look into re-stretching your screen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Cool, Thanks. I was told to try clear fingernail polish. Tip came from a girl in which they say it works on pantyhoes. I think duct tape on the underside, nail polish on the print side, and restretch the screen. I think that should atleast get me through the next 35 decks.
ugsb
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:23 am Reply with quote
i've had good luck with using a scrap of mesh and a shitload of super glue. use the piece of mesh like a patch and coat the area with the glue. that area of the screen will not be useable but it should stop it from ripping any more.

Page 1 of 1