SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  screening over stained/painted decks
Page 1 of 1    

screening over stained/painted decks

runmikeyrun
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:41 am Reply with quote
Hello, just found this informative as hell forum!! I've been looking for something like this for a long time and i'm just glad i stumbled across it.

I was curious, if i lay down a base coat of paint or stain, what (if anything) do i need to do afterwards if i want to screen on top of it? Any kind of sealers? Which type of stain/paint should i use or not use?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
annexskateboards.com
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:07 pm Reply with quote
i have always used some kind acrylic latex enamel spray paint for the base color. I don't know about the stain though maybe someone else can help ya there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lard
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:53 am Reply with quote
all good quality veneer is stained using pressure. a bit like tanilising timber. if you start to stain veneer with standard stains you run the risk of ruining your glue bond .You need your veneer to have the correct amont of moisture to create a a good lamination If you start to introduce moisture to the mix Problems will arise. after the veneer is stained it is then re seasioned back to the correct moisture content . seasoning is an art that requires much skill and knowledge .if you dont stain with pressure the stain will only just penetrate the surface so that when you cut the board to shape the stain will not cover the whole venner like the real stuff. cee cee.
donald20
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:43 am Reply with quote
if you are able to screen the board-here's something else:
use 95 percent of clear laquer and 5 percent of the color you want your board to look like later on.mix it and screen the deck with a full pass.
you'll see a supernice stain and you have sealed the deck too.
mr black
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:02 pm Reply with quote
are you screening varnish through the screen.

Page 1 of 1