SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Need Help: suitable boards and sponsorship
Page 1 of 1    

Need Help: suitable boards and sponsorship

sk8edge
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
Hi there. I'm Boy from Malaysia. 30 years old and run a web called www.skatemalaysia.com a web for Msian skaters guide, etc.

Ok, we have this project which gonna be a GO sometime in June this year. The project is almos a samiliar as the logest skateboard journey by Dave Cornthwaite, which did 3.618 miles of journey across the Australia and it took him 5 months.

Currently we are lookign for sponsors for the equipment but i need your help coz i'm just a normall street skaters, play some mini ramps, pools and bowls. A little bit of downhill slide and stuff. The skater who gonn atake this journey across Malaysia is my drummer. 34 years old who was also represent Malaysia during the Asian X games. He was chosen for this project. I've told him that the normal popsicle street skateboard won't help a lot on the highway road. So i did showed him some o the crusing, speedboadrs , etc.

Any suggestions what sorts of boards, wheels, bearing, trucks that we should get for this project.

Please take note there's no market for any of these skateboard category in Malaysia. We only have boards for street. Most skaters here used small boards from 7.5 - 7.75. I'm an old school sater and i have to ordered them to get one. I'm using 8.25..yet there's no big wheels here. Biggets wheel in the market here was 56mm..the was one vert wheel here but ony one set and was sold out...

anyway there's bunch of longboarders here which they were orginally surfers and some of them into downhill slides but there was like few of us only and i'm the only skaters who downhill slide..the rest of 99% were pure street and park skaters. Pretty sad huh...well that's Malaysia...

so i hope any guys can help out...

this is what in mind, i have some of them in list. We may write to these company for sponsorship and offcourse it gives the benefit to them as well.

Bearings
1st option - Rock n ROn's Rocket (nuclear ceramic missiles) -
2nd Option - bonesswiss ceramic
3rd option -Biltin bearings

wheels -
Bones DTF or Softcore 62mm
Kryptonic
Fly Abec 11

Pads
187 Sliders -

boards
Lush Revolution
Earth Wing

i have no ideas on trucks?

Please help. This is the first time to have these kind of boards using in Malayia for this project.

Anyway Martin Siegrist did visit Malaysia before for a one rangr downhill speed ride...check out here : http://www.teamhardcorepavement.com/n...php?id=1128124800
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TuUrBoOo
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:28 am Reply with quote
Hey friend!

What i can suggest to you in terms of longboards, I would look at the Landyachtz Evo (www.landyachtz.com). It's a nice low profile deck, with decent versatility.

in terms of trucks I'd suggest you check out randals!
alhart
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote
For trucks i definintley like the sector 9 Gullwing Chargers. Checkout sector9.com

Page 1 of 1