SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Lib Tech Banana Skate and Magnetraction
Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Lib Tech Banana Skate and Magnetraction

theGONZfather
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
jkelly wrote:
Hey Yoshi..do you remember when the jib revolution began? we are talking around 92ish I will post some pics of some old handrail stuff on my cut up Gnu from around then...

Jay

Ya Jay,

Not sure but it was early 90's. Tarquin Robbins was the MFM back then.(Guys a bit too gangster for me but he sure has smooth style!)

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

It was a few years before my time but I remember watching some old snowboard flicks at my friends house getting amped. Good times!

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
yeah Tarquin was rad...do you remember the 7th year video..it was the first real jib video to come out from Joyride..it was so good..

I was out in Seatle with Tarquin, Blue Montgomery, Mikey Leblanc and a few other guys around 96 for a meeting at D23s factory(well there manufacturing woodshop) they were out of Torrance..anyway Junpei was all pissed at Tarquin as they wanted him to do some camps over the summer and he had plans to ride his motorcycle across south africa with his dad..

and if you ever get the chance try and check out his old D23 with the bullfighter graphic..SO RAD...just a small rose base graphic and big bulfighter between the bindings..directional shape with twin flex... wish I still had my samples..

Jay OH and Roan Rogers killed it in that 7th year video..with Dale Rehberg and a bunch of other joyriders..

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
theGONZfather
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:46 am Reply with quote
Ya, I was introduced super late in the game so Im kinda hazy on my history

I do remember watching the Whiskey series & old Volcom flicks. Terje, Frank & Lynn were gods & I had a Forum sticker on a Burton

Thats right, you did the D23 thing back then. Dang, must've been rad riding with Turquin.
Jumpei. Mad in '96, still mad today Naw, hes ok in my book. Like a dad trying to be cool

Maybe I'll go lurking in their warehouse & look for some goodies.

The sport seemed so fresh & different & new. Like everything was uncharted territory.
Snowboarding wasn't allowed at resorts, people hiked & made their own pipes(ditches) & jumps, it was finally allowed at resorts, then we took it to the streets, then we brought the streets to the slopes(jibs) & now we have indoor snow parks as well as jib contests in downtown LA.

So then are we living & experiencing the heydays of snowboarding now? I missed the dogtown, zboys era so I feel a bit cooler now

Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4