SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Downhill Longboard
Page 6 of 6    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Downhill Longboard

Mig
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Getting a fast start is as important as any part of the race. Ron's ceramics certainly make a difference in slalom though. My teammates all ride the same basic setups (Fullbag decks, precision racing trucks, ZigZags) and they all can feel a big difference when they step on my boards for a run. And they're all using good bearings too (ceramic and steel).

slob-air
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
I agree, totally. But when the race is upwards of 50 to 70 mph, the start becomes minor in the greater scheme of things. Maintaining speed through the corners and staying on board become far more important.

I run Rocket Ceramics for slalom too�in slalom it matters much more than downhill.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Phuctard Joined: 08 May 2008 Posts: 157
what does a 70mph deck consist of? thats just hard to fathom 70mph on a skateboard 30 to 40 feels dangerous enough
TuUrBoOo
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
I agree, totally. But when the race is upwards of 50 to 70 mph, the start becomes minor in the greater scheme of things. Maintaining speed through the corners and staying on board become far more important.

I run Rocket Ceramics for slalom too�in slalom it matters much more than downhill.

I agree entirely... a perfect tuck is much more important than a set of fresh "fast" bearings.
slob-air
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
OzcardaGrouch wrote:
what does a 70mph deck consist of? thats just hard to fathom 70mph on a skateboard 30 to 40 feels dangerous enough

As I recall, K-Rimes did 77mph in Colorado on a Rayne Hellcat with Magun trucks and 71mm 81a Alligator wheels. Probably using Biltin bearings converted to ceramic balls, degreased and lubed with low viscosity oil.

Page 6 of 6    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6