SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Sliding like in that Evolutions video and a smooth ride?
Page 1 of 1    

Sliding like in that Evolutions video and a smooth ride?

dancinwithdeath
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
when I got my landy, I got some retro zig zags with an 80 or so duro. I love them because of the smooth ride and able to ride over just about anything.

I saw them sliding previously in the Evolutions video and I have to ask what wheels [hardness-wise] are those peeps using? If they are harder wheels, does it dramatically take away from the "magic carpet ride" that you get with the softer wheels? Can someone recommend some sort of a happy medium? I really can't do any 180 slides with the zig zags without getting thrown off the board. I do them all day on my street set ups with older 92a santa cruz wheels.

Please discuss and thank you.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
I've found 88a 77mm Strikers to be a good happy medium.

This is a pretty average-length slide. The past few times I've skated that hill I've had a bit of a problem initiating the slide a little too late (even though I'm trying to go down earlier) and I've been crashing into the fence most of the time.

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
Sick. Do you think those same wheels will allow you to do one of the sweeper slides when just casually pushing down the road on flatground?

thanks

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
I'm not sure. I've got them on my Subsonic, which is roughly 42x11.5 (pictured with Gumballs), so it's not exactly very easy to just toss around.

They might be good in a smaller size. I know there's a 66mm Striker.

I'm pretty sure that many of the fancypants slides from the Evolutions video are done with wheels made specifically for sliding--Gravity Sergios; the smaller, rounder Earthwing Superballs, etc. They wear quickly and are pretty damn small and hard, but they slide like gooseshit. It sounds like you're looking for a bit more compromise than they offer though.

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I guess I want my cake.

I have been using my skate for a lot of flatground transportation between bus stops and unless I'm on my street board, I can't do any slides or no comply stuff like ray barbee used to do. I put my retros on my cruiser to take the bumps better however I get thrown off the board if I try to slide. I really want something that will break away and let me do some sort of 180 slide or sweeper, whatever those are called, plus still be a smooth ride and not let me feel the devits and rocks between and on the pavement while cruising sidewalks.

Thanks for the replies so far.. looks like this thread is the death and monkey show.. hehe.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote
slide those sc thanes 92's ought to be prime I got a set of bullet 66s in 92a and they slide perfect not too bad on flatspots

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Phuctard Joined: 08 May 2008 Posts: 157
Forget SC wheels they are fashion accessories Ride Powell deadstock its the best
PAWN
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I've found that Powell Bombers slide like nothing else (for me that is.) The 80a duro.

www.fine-co.com buy some shit!
TuUrBoOo
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote
PINK POWER BALLS!!! Those things slide so beautifully, soo smooth! The next best thing to the original Kryptonics.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/xflatlinex/SkateVideos/?action=view&current=hahahaa.flv

Page 1 of 1