SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  I am looking for 1984 and older boards
Page 1 of 1    

I am looking for 1984 and older boards

flynnnaryd
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote
If any wants to talk vintage boards hit me up.

cheers

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
Do you collect snowboard?

I'm interest too by pre-85 snowboards, for now I only have some litle european boards of this period, you can see here :
http://www.skullandbonesskateboards.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91478

I'd like to have others and US model of course but in Europe it's very hard to find, old wood
I'm looking about good links if you have some.
kanman
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I have an original version of a 1977 sims flying yellow banana board.
Here's a link to it.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtnaebig/Sims77Skiboard#

It is all original. Original grip tape, deck and hardware. I took the deck off for the first time this weekend and found out that there is a Brad Bowman deck on it. Remarkably there is no rust on the hardware. All told I probably rode it down 10 or 12 times, down very tame hills that would make you guys in Utah laugh. We don't have much out here in the Chicago area.

The only alterations on it are two stickers on it from Wheels of Progress skateboard shop. A store I owned in Oak Park Illinois from about '76-'79. I opened the store when I was 13 years old and my partner was 15. Needless to say we got a lot of press at the time.

The bottom has no damage really, a few scrapes only. The rubber band that holds your feet in place says 22" on it...I'm assuming that's a measurement of how long it is. The length of the skiboard
itself...that's what Tom Sims called it back then...is about 53 1/2". I have taken some close ups of the only imperfection on it. Near the top on the right hand side is a very small crack about 1/2 an inch long. Nothing that bothers it structurally...I think I rode it about three years ago and it worked fine. Shoulda seen the looks the kids at the sledding hill gave me.
Might be willing to sell if the price was right.

Page 1 of 1