SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  TATTOOS  »  Whats a decent gun for a new artist
Page 2 of 6    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Whats a decent gun for a new artist

jkelly
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
I will admit it.. Ive hid a cock or 2 in some dicks tattoo... We tattoo these guys from a local football team that are known for getting 5 or 6 of them to jump some little computer nerd.. I love getting them in the chair. Pain, Passing out and whatever else I can offer... Oh and Ive been meaning to shoot you a email.. thanks..
jkelly
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Hey man you have to see it from our point.. You dont know how many times we have heard that.. And It sucks to see some of CTs originals who have been tattooing since the 70s having a hard time putting food on the table...Its a ton of work and if he wants to learn have him get a established tattooer to take him under their wing
seth c
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:35 pm Reply with quote
i heard you were hiding cocks in your ass, jay.
jkelly
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I guess I backed into that one... Just for the record my ass only has eyes for you
jahtooth
Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote
Ha ha, hidden dick tattoos, fucking hillarious. Cool, thanks guys, i totally respect your opinions and I DO see where your coming from. Wish you guys the best in your careers. I know you guys are well established and respected in your profession, and i can see why. Your dedication is solid.

Respect
~Tooth
oakland
Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Aug 2002 Posts: 1747 Location: Boulder, Colorado
I would recomend a .38. In the mouth preferable.
jahtooth
Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Oakland, you are a kook. You sabotaged my for sale listing, by saying the deck im trying to sell for $150 you couldnt sell for $50. You are an agitator and a kook. My recomendation to you is.....kiss my dick fuckwad. Clue in and mind your own.
ThrashCan
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:31 am Reply with quote
Sweet home Alabama.....
Nervous
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:00 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Feb 2003 Posts: 2841 Location: a room with a view
The bad part about tattooing (from a guy who thought about it as a job and decided not to) is that the market is flooded. Tattooing isnt like any other job, for this reason....

If you have 5 mechanics in a small town and three of them botch jobs left and right eventually those three are going to go out of business. From what Ive seen (around here anyways) is that even the bad "artists" can stay afloat. I dont know why this is but its true. Ive seen some extremely shitty work come out of the shops around here, and they have been in business for years!!!! I guess its all about people being stupid and being happy that they just got a tattoo, not a good tattoo.

In most professions the creme floats to the top... in tattooing it the creme just gets mixed in with the watered down shit.

I want to know the opinions of the established artists on the board, why do you think that these hacks can keep their jobs doing this shitty work? Dont hold back on this one either!!!!

Its getting harder and harder to find someone who has talent with a machine these days with the market being so flooded. Depressing.
seth c
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I want to know the opinions of the established artists on the board, why do you think that these hacks can keep their jobs doing this shitty work? Dont hold back on this one either!!!!

because people have a hard time admitting that they made a mistake...

i see people everyday, who ask "how much would you have charged me for this" and i answer sometimes, "200 bucks"

to which they reply "well shit.. i only paid 30 for this one, and it looks great to me"

so there you have it.. if a person has a tattoo, and an iq of less than say, 105, then chances are they will be stoked on the fact that they have a permanent mark on thier skin, regardless of it's legibility.

i have a photograph of a tattoo.. one of my all time faves.. it's a hand poked heart shaped outline, with two names in it, crooked as all fuck, and under the heart it reads "i love you's"
the guy came in, and wanted to know "how much to add some red to this?"

this is all too common... people just dont know any better. and honestly, i really could ive a fuck at this point. i feel people get the tattoo they deserve. if they do the research, then they will get a good piece.

Page 2 of 6    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next