SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  what does your name mean?
Page 3 of 8    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

what does your name mean?

Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I collect Powells.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
when i first moved to the DC area and found people to skate with, i would always be like "lets go skate a pool" and people were like, hey, lets go skate pools kid... so i took out the s in pools and viola, letsgoskatepool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jivedown
Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
My name came from this 70's soul LP I have, in one of the songs, this chorus line repeated the line 'we have to jive down' or something similiar to that..

J

Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote
you're not sure of the line and that's your screen name? too funny
The Green Monkey
Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Shamelessly cut and pasted from the last time we went through this, because I am lazy.

Mine's kind of a long story, and it has several parts, but here goes...

A buddy of mine from college actually looks like a pink monkey. He's one of those unfortunate red haired, pink skinned and orange freckled Irish guys. He has big monkey-like teeth, a big head, and he behaves pretty poorly. Not above flinging poop. Somehow, we came up with calling him The Pink Monkey.

In college, I never did any work until the night before the test or the paper was due, and I'd stay up all night, chain smoking and popping ephedrine like it was going out of style. I'd be up all night, and then go drinking once the test was over or the paper was in. I'd wind up drinking and smoking well into the night, with plenty of energy still going from the ephedrine, and I wouldn't eat anything all day. Combine a lot of booze with ephedrine, no food, and a lot of smoking of everything, occasionally I'd wind up getting a light but stupidly terrible case of nicotine poisoning, turn a nice sickly green color, and become worthless for a half an hour, crumpled somewhere with cold sweats and no motor skills.

In addition to the turning green trick, I was also blessed with the magnificent ability to have a cold, flu, germs, etc., but not to let it really bother me, and I'd just pass it along to everyone else I was around, who wouldn't usually fare as well. Kind of like Typhoid Mary. Anyway, it's theorized that the AIDS virus came from the green monkey in Africa. Whether some dude was putting his weiner where it didn't belong, or some aggressive monkey bit him, I don't recall. I guess both could very easily have happened at the same time. So my role as a carrier of disease and general unhealth also contributed to the name.

Finally, the fact that I'm always either hurt somehow, usually it's something stupid, and generally while drunk, or I've got some other lousy thing going on--a wart, hives, allergies, whatever, but I don't ever let crap like that stop me. The 'playing while injured/infected' (not unlike an AIDS bearing monkey might) angle only added to the logic of the name.

There's also a Yellow Monkey, a Brown Monkey, and a Tall Bald Monkey.

Plus, I like monkeys.

Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:37 am Reply with quote
R and B being my first and middle initial...

phenom being short for phenomenon (not that i think i'm a phenomenon, i actually took it from a line in one of Method Man's songs)

15 being the day i was born (March 15) and from every jersey number i ever wore (baseball and basketball...always number 15)
ThrashCan
Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote
Trash Can, Thrash Can.

old name/company name Useless Skate Co... Well I dropped out of school, smoked myself retarded and got arrested. When I was clean and sober I realized how useless I was.
Slim
Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:14 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
marabout is the name of our surf club in norcal and my nickname in the club is 'slim', because, well, i'm 6' and 150lbs...
k9tim
Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:22 pm Reply with quote
it is the callsign of my radio station.
has nothing to do with dogs like most peeps think.
stivason
Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:49 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 31 Aug 2001 Posts: 3923 Location: Western Pennsylvania
My name comes from my last name Stivason. When I signed up at hotmail the name stivason was already gone and they suggested stivason71. I used that name so it matched my email address. exciting story huh?

@dreadpyrat One of my ancestors was a famous pirate also. Petr Stivanson was a very mean, nasty and ruthless pirate.

Nuttier than a squirrel turd!
http://groups.msn.com/theBlueTileLounge

[ This Message was edited by: stivason71 on 2004-05-03 23:53 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 3 of 8    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next