SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Getting cock-blocked by the big boys.
Page 5 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Getting cock-blocked by the big boys.

lonegijoe
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys,

We're a new Skatboard company that is trying to get our stuff out there on the market. We are tired of people thinking of Skateboarders as trashy punk kids and want to have a different image. I think it is an awesome sport and live for it.

I've been reading through all of your posts and so far have been experiencing what you have all talked about as in how hard it is to get distro's/ manufacturers to sell to you but in a slightly different view.

I'm one of the guys someone mentioned earlier who is trying to specialize in Awesome Quality Decks and other products for our Skate Company.
The hardest part is trying to sell them and get our name out there as a competent,trust worthy and high quality skateboard/extreme sports and apparel company.

What do you think would be the best way to have distro's,etc buy our Gear? So far we have been going store to store and person to person, skatepark to skatepark getting our name out and displaying our deck ideas and apparel.

We've been tryingt o even sell our Gear at Skate Stores, etc but it's been difficult. They keep telling us to get our name out and become famous and then they'll buy.

I fyou know anyone that would like to purchase some good quality decks/apparel from an up and coming Skateboard company such as ours please let me know.

Thanks for any help guys.

Joe Owens
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BonesBrigade
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quote
Extreme sport

Maybe you should call Wal-Mart to carry your crap!
MileHighSkates
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
Post some pics of your products. I'd be curious to see what you're offering.
DomitianX
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:26 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I just experienced my first cock block by the distributor themselves. Fucking bastards. aWh Sales and oldschoolskateboards.net can go fuck themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MileHighSkates
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
DomitianX wrote:
I just experienced my first cock block by the distributor themselves. Fucking bastards. aWh Sales and oldschoolskateboards.net can go fuck themselves.

Welcome to that club. Wouldn't give me the time of day. If you haven't already, hit up South Shore. Those guys kick major ass.

In the longboard sector, ABEC 11/Sk8Trip and Seismic/3dm are absolute gems.
Gusto
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:13 am Reply with quote
BonesBrigade wrote:
Extreme sport

Maybe you should call Wal-Mart to carry your crap!

hey fucktard.

do you even know what they are offering?

go kill yourself.
DomitianX
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I have an account with South Shore but there are a few things they dont carry that I am trying to get a hold of.

aWh Sales didnt even bother to tell me they refused my app, they just roundfiled it. I just called them today, a couple months after submitting my app, and the guy I talked to said the reason I couldnt get an account was because I was online and the owner doesnt want any competition. Fuckers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lonegijoe
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm not so sure why someone like Bones Brigade would be so negative. When I said extreme sports I'm talking about good quality skate decks, and eventually snowboards,..maybe even bmx and motorsports.

As soon as I can I'll post some pics of the products,etc so you guys can see them. The products will be on our site also here shortly.

Crazy thing is when we make it and become big maybe he wont be that way.

I'm always for the little man starting out... giving them tibs for at least putting out some effort and trying. Never understood why someone would be so negative.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gusto
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:32 pm Reply with quote
'round these here parts...

words like "extreme" when describing what we do, doesnt go over well.

we arent in the demographic that falls for it.

most of us are willing to see what you have to offer, but if youre looking to just pump out the same crap everyone else is, all of us will most likely have a similar attitude towards you...some not as brash, some will send you home crying liek a little girl.

good luck with everything either way
DomitianX
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I think he was just bagging on the fact that you used the term "extreme sports" which is so over played these days. Skaters dont seem to like being lumped in with the rest of the X-Games crowd.

Most of us dont consider it a sport anyways so labeling skating as an extreme sport is insulting to some.

Page 5 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next